Shatel: Bob Diaco's refusal for postgame interview unacceptable

Saunders

42 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I care. They are paid an ungodly amount of money and they should treat the public as they would treat their boss. Because we are the boss. Do you get to run from your boss?  

So you would feel better if he just got up there and said they didn't execute 20 times over?  I run from my boss all the time especially on Fridays 

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Blah, blah blah! 

Shatel stirring the pot!

If he does interview, some of you calling him out for not would be all over him for his responses. 

This. I have no problem with him shutting out the press. The fact of the matter is that as a coach his job is ultimately dependent upon what his defense does on the field. If they continue to play like last night then he will ultimately be fire. No amount of press time will change that.  

If his defense excels he will he will be portrayed as focused and reclusive if he continues to shun the press. 

If the the defense continues to suck he will be labeled a petulant child. 

In the end he will answer for on field performance one way or another. Personally I don't care to hear the canned coach speak anyway. 

Just win

• Plus1 1

I think Shatel is simply writing about what many fans are thinking and saying. I've always leaned towards wanting to hear from a guy like Diaco because he makes ~$850,000 dollars to coach defense. IMO, that warrants a few post game remarks to the fans helping to keep you employed.

Plus, when Diaco or someone like him doesn't speak after that kind of performance, it creates a sort of vacuum to be filled by players, other coaches, fans, message boards, etc. I don't think that's a good situation to cultivate.

55 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I think Shatel is simply writing about what many fans are thinking and saying. I've always leaned towards wanting to hear from a guy like Diaco because he makes ~$850,000 dollars to coach defense. IMO, that warrants a few post game remarks to the fans helping to keep you employed.

Plus, when Diaco or someone like him doesn't speak after that kind of performance, it creates a sort of vacuum to be filled by players, other coaches, fans, message boards, etc. I don't think that's a good situation to cultivate.

This.