Who should we hire

4 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Barry Alvarez is 71 yrs old...  Does he have time to turn the progam around?

He would be here for 5-8 years and his role would be to get Scott Frost and show him winning football. Barry would leave his footprint on the team and we would be heading in the right direction. After he gets us where we need to be, he would move on. But realistically he just needs to help turn this thing around and get us playing winning ball. He would also provide great leadership to the team and program- something that appears to be lacking right now.

1 hour ago, Corn_Ninja said:

Art Briles. If he can win Big 12 Championships in Waco, he can win National Championships at Nebraska.

Art-Briles-Baylor.jpg

And to anyone thinking he may be too toxic, Baylor sent him this letter in May basically exonerating him - see the bottom paragraph.

1-cce1b08fc6.thumb.jpg.4ebcfea6524f4e1b4c9bb48a954ae683.jpg

I would rather cheer for Texas than Nebraska if Briles was the coach. HELL NO.

• Plus1 3
15 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

I would rather cheer for Texas than Nebraska if Briles was the coach. HELL NO.

100% agree. Briles made MULTIPLE QUESTIONABLE moral decisions while at Baylor.  They may have sent him a letter telling him he didn't technically do anything wrong, but anyone who has looked into this knows he is far from lily white innocent.  Heck no.  I'd rather have Bo back.

For those of you who don't know Nebraska football has turned into Indiana basketball.  Legendary coach leaves program, next coach doesn't win enough gets canned, replace him with someone else who also doesn't win and nobody likes (also got in some trouble).  Brings in a guy who wins then loses then wins then loses and they fire him.  Now they have a new guy and nobody is sure what is going to happen.  All the while the fan base is calling for its prodigal son to return and coach them to glory..... Steve Alford.  Does he take the job...no.  I think it's too much pressure knowing how the fan base is.. yes they are exactly the same, I've grown up part of both of them.  What happens if Frost comes in and fails??  Where does the fan base go from there in their demands for a winning coach??  It's a slippery slope.

6 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

For those of you who don't know Nebraska football has turned into Indiana basketball.  Legendary coach leaves program, next coach doesn't win enough gets canned, replace him with someone else who also doesn't win and nobody likes (also got in some trouble).  Brings in a guy who wins then loses then wins then loses and they fire him.  Now they have a new guy and nobody is sure what is going to happen.  All the while the fan base is calling for its prodigal son to return and coach them to glory..... Steve Alford.  Does he take the job...no.  I think it's too much pressure knowing how the fan base is.. yes they are exactly the same, I've grown up part of both of them.  What happens if Frost comes in and fails??  Where does the fan base go from there in their demands for a winning coach??  It's a slippery slope.

Didn't Roy Williams turn North Carolina down once, then a few laters accept the job?  I'd say this one worked out pretty well.  Considering we've been here before, we've seen it's a lot easier for a coach to come in here following a losing season.  Bo got more years than anyone since TO because he got to come in and follow the 07' season.  While none of us know the future, it appears we could be a lot closer to a 07' season than a 03' season.  This would buy a coach some time.  Of course, this is all speculative because as you say Frost might very well say no.  If this is his dream job as some say, then he really can't afford to say no because he may never get another chance. 

8 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

Didn't Roy Williams turn North Carolina down once, then a few laters accept the job?  I'd say this one worked out pretty well.  Considering we've been here before, we've seen it's a lot easier for a coach to come in here following a losing season.  Bo got more years than anyone since TO because he got to come in and follow the 07' season.  While none of us know the future, it appears we could be a lot closer to a 07' season than a 03' season.  This would buy a coach some time.  Of course, this is all speculative because as you say Frost might very well say no.  If this is his dream job as some say, then he really can't afford to say no because he may never get another chance. 

I think way too many people assume it's his dream job.. Steve Alford Indiana HS basketball legend, IU basketball legend.. dream job seams to be UCLA maybe trying to follow in the footsteps of another legend who was also from IN.  Maybe Scott Frost's dream job is Wisconsin 

12 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think way too many people assume it's his dream job.. Steve Alford Indiana HS basketball legend, IU basketball legend.. dream job seams to be UCLA maybe trying to follow in the footsteps of another legend who was also from IN.  Maybe Scott Frost's dream job is Wisconsin 

:ahhhhhhhh:xcuse:dis

Mav is 100% correct about Miles. His teams famously lost "above the shoulders," which has to be the most frustrating way to lose games. He's also a control freak and refused to adapt his offense or let his OCs do their jobs. His teams would always manage to win a game they had no business winning after making mistake after mistake. They also lost several games they should have never lost.

With all that said, I think he's a good fit in the B1G and he would no doubt bring our swagger back and make us an NFL factory again. The blackshirts would be back under his watch and the OLine would be restored even if the offense was frustrating to watch at times. He'd be able to recruit nationally and recruiting would always feel like it did at the beginning of summer when Riley and co were landing 4-star after 4-star. And Bookie would stay and become our Mathieu.

If the job becomes open, I sincerely hope we interview several candidates and make sure we hire the right guy. But I'd be all in if we grabbed Miles.

19 hours ago, RedSavage said:

I would definitely take Gundy.  I was watching their game this weekend and all I could think about was man, I wish our offense looked like this.  They look like the real deal this year with Rudolph.

Plus, you know he always has his player's backs.

I'm too lazy to check, but isn't this pretty much what Iowa has with Ferentz?  Maybe Ferentz's lows are a little lower though, not sure.