Is Mike Riley married to Tanner Lee

Huskerfan55

54 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I still don't get why people were so awful to/about him. And the same people probably want a running QB. There aren't lots of those with a completion rate over 60%.

People just don't know what they have until it's gone. Taylor and Tommy were pretty good college QBs, and with better lines and coaching would have won some serious awards. Tough cookies too.

• Plus1 1

On 9/25/2017 at 8:56 PM, bugeater17 said:

The odds of that happening are extremely slim. And yes, if that's part of the game plan then you still go forward with it. It's really not that novel of an idea.

Extremely slim?  for NU and their opponent to score on the first 4 series - ok?  usually someone saves those words for 3 or 4 %

The good thing is it won't be the game plan so we don't have to worry about your idea.

On 9/26/2017 at 2:34 PM, ZRod said:

People just don't know what they have until it's gone. Taylor and Tommy were pretty good college QBs, and with better lines and coaching would have won some serious awards. Tough cookies too.

Very discouraging reading stories like this one about Aggies freshman QB

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/130322/is-kellen-mond-the-qb-to-save-texas-ams-season 

It seems like a long time since we've had any kind of improbable success story. More often when things appear they should go well it ends in disappointment. Reading the story I'd say the coaches played a big part in his success.

On 9/25/2017 at 7:54 PM, Vitalis Jackson said:

Not all, not all, but enough that it really hurt the team. Let me cite an example--DEP virtually disappeared from the team last season. What happened to that spectacular talent we saw when he first arrived? He's getting back into things this year, but he almost looks like he took a year off. Ditto with Ozigbo, several linemen, several defensive players. Now we have to play freshman and soph receivers just to find performance on the field. We have a freshman at center, a freshman starting at RT. I don't care what you say, that's a fairly good indication that the goods on the shelf have rotted.

I think DPE's role looked diminished last year because Westerkamp, Brandon Reiley, Alonzo Moore, Cethan Carter and probably even Stanley Morgan, Jr. were better pure receivers, and DPE didn't do much with the ample number of jet sweeps they gave him, or his punt returns. You "almost look like you took a year off" when you're rehabbing from multiple injuries and feeling a bit skittish.

Sophomore Ozigbo was the second leading rusher on a team with a returning senior who had better numbers. Ozigbo also had his share of nicks and dings.

No idea who else you're talking about, but guessing your evidence is equally valid. 

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Martinez was a good passer if you didn't ask him to throw over 15 yards.  He was a 10% passer between 15-20 yards and a 16% passer over 20 yards.

The 45 fumbles is still almost unbelievable.  I can't imagine that not being the all-time record.

The freaky part was how many he or NU recovered.  

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Martinez was a good passer if you didn't ask him to throw over 15 yards.  He was a 10% passer between 15-20 yards and a 16% passer over 20 yards.

The 45 fumbles is still almost unbelievable.  I can't imagine that not being the all-time record.

That is an unbelievable amount of fumbles for a CAREER.  FYI, if Tanner Lee keeps this up he will have 27 INT this SEASON...

FML

For what its worth, I would trade Tanner Lee for Taylor right now and run last years Tommy offense with T-Magic.  If we had Zac Taylor, we'd be in business.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

The fumbles were mostly stupid ones too. A lot of them happened when he thought the play was over and it wasn't. Those were the ones he usually recovered.

I kinda hate thinking about that era of Husker football because if he hadn't been injured... damn. I think we would've had 1 loss. (Although he could've been injured in a later game).

In regards to Martinez, some of my most memorable images of him involve him running the football, getting hit awkwardly and seemingly just dropping the ball at this feet. Whether he was coached to do it or he was doing it himself, he didn't get tackled well. It's like he would get rigid.

I dig into our offensive/defensive lines a lot when criticizing the current state of Husker football, and they're still a big deal, but it's been a long time since we had a quarterback who protected the ball well.

15 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Extremely slim?  for NU and their opponent to score on the first 4 series - ok?  usually someone saves those words for 3 or 4 %

The good thing is it won't be the game plan so we don't have to worry about your idea.

Nebraska scoring consecutively on its first two drives :lol: - that made for a good laugh.

4 hours ago, bugeater17 said:

Nebraska scoring consecutively on its first two drives :lol: - that made for a good laugh.

that is kind of funny and sad at the same time - got to hope they get it figured out.  You never know we may have tricked the opposing defense in to thinking we are really really bad - when we are only really bad.