What happens when Frost or Trev turns Nebraska down?

soup

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

I am maybe one of the few that thinks he will turn down the job.  

Just a guess...but if they are using a firm wouldn't that firm give a list of like 3-5 coaches that WOULD take the job?

If they are using a top notch searching service that service will provide the personnel that best fits Nebraska both for AD and coach.  

42 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

If they are using a top notch searching service that service will provide the personnel that best fits Nebraska both for AD and coach.  

No kidding...I mean I think they find coaches that would say yes for sure...if not they would just hand the new AD this list

1.  Saban

2.  Meyer

3.  Sweeney 

4.  George Halas Zombie

5.  Belichek 

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No kidding...I mean I think they find coaches that would say yes for sure...if not they would just hand the new AD this list

1.  Saban

2.  Meyer

3.  Sweeney 

4.  George Halas Zombie

5.  Belichek 

Nebraska Fan Coach Wishlist

1- Tom Osborne

2- Frank Solich

3- Scott Frost

4- Bo Pelini

5- Nick Saban

1 hour ago, soup said:

That's what every topic on this board is about, isn't it?

It isn't the single instance of Rimington being hired, it is the path that is now being traveled down that is concerning to me.  The path ultimately leads in one direction, and if we happen to get the destination and find that it is nothing but a sewer, we'll have bigger issues to face.

I have also said, that IF a true search firm takes place and the best candidate is hired then I will eat crow.  If the best candidate that the University of Nebraska can find is Trev Alberts, then we are toast.

I might be out of touch but all I've seen that indicates we might be headed towards Trev or Frost are about a dozen message board posters that seem to want that. I'm pretty hopeful a proper search will be conducted. An improper search is what got us our last 3 coaches. Maybe these current guys are dumb and haven't learned anything...? 

1 hour ago, dvdcrr said:

You are not alone

So if Eichorst was out to Bielema first, doesn't that kill the theory that he was only interested in a nice guy to be the anti-Bo?

And can we retire the sarcastic "hey, at least he's a nice guy" schtick? 

I think we've clearly established that being nice isn't enough, and that being nice didn't hurt Tom Osborne.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Bigger question.........what happens when Riley wins the west and we end up in Indy after beating all of the teams in the west? Then all of this talk and getting worked up over things was for nothing! *god this alcoholic beverage is making me feel good!* *I don't seriously think this is going to happen*

Did you bring enough to share?  :wasted

20 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So if Eichorst was out to Bielema first, doesn't that kill the theory that he was only interested in a nice guy to be the anti-Bo?

And can we retire the sarcastic "hey, at least he's a nice guy" schtick? 

I think we've clearly established that being nice isn't enough, and that being nice didn't hurt Tom Osborne.

I think the anti-Bo tag line was used as reasoning that "Riley was the name on the one name list".  I didn't buy it then, I don't buy it now.  I came around to it for a while, but looking at it now him being the only guy Eichorst looked at makes no sense.  It makes WAY more sense that he offered Bielma but Arky caved last second so Eichorst made the call to Riley.

• Plus1 1