** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

30 minutes ago, Landlord said:

No, it's not. First of all, he's got either the biggest or second biggest buyout in all of the NCAA. Second of all, I mean, come on:

10-4 // #16

9-4 // #23

12-2 // #8 // Conference Champions // Orange Bowl Champions

14-0 // #1 // Conference Champions // National Champions

13-1 // #5 // Conference Champions // CFB Playoff #3 Seed

10-3 // #14 // 

10-3 // #8 // Orange Bowl Champions

Currently 2-4

I agree it would be stupid for them to get rid of him but to say his seat  isn't getting warm is wrong.  Go read through their boards and see for yourself.  A lot of them said they wouldn't hesitate to say goodbye if he decided to take another job (LSU) if it came open.  Most are clamoring for him to fire assistant coaches and if he doesn't do that, then they want him gone.

No one can really confirm his buyout but I have seen it as high as $40M and the buyout for his assistants is at $10M.  That's a lot of scratch right there to be wasting just because of the season they are having.    

5 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I agree it would be stupid for them to get rid of him but to say his seat  isn't getting warm is wrong.  Go read through their boards and see for yourself.  A lot of them said they wouldn't hesitate to say goodbye if he decided to take another job (LSU) if it came open.  Most are clamoring for him to fire assistant coaches and if he doesn't do that, then they want him gone.

No one can really confirm his buyout but I have seen it as high as $40M and the buyout for his assistants is at $10M.  That's a lot of scratch right there to be wasting just because of the season they are having.    

It's a lot of money, but there's also no reason to think they won't bounce back from this. They lost their starting QB.... Not that  it alone excuses the 2-4 record, but that guy was damn good.

Also, one of their losses came to Alabama.... So their record is really 2-3-Alabama.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway

4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Just for the record, I personally think Scott Frost would be a smart hire. 

I'm just worried we're acting like someone who hasn't had sex in a really long time, and how creepy that can seem to the person we want to bang. 

Haha this is the best damn analogy I've heard in a long time! So fitting for our situation.

I wish I could +10 this post

11 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

You can go to Alabama boards and find people calling for Saban to be fired after most games. That means literally nothing.

Let me ask a couple of questions, don't flame me for asking honest questions:

1) Does Nebraska have structural issues that have led to our last four coaches being unsuccessful, I'm too far away from the program to know, but sure seems so -

2) Scott Frost is indeed a guy with a very bright future: a) Would  NU present too much of a risk to his future earning potential given the last 17 or so years versus other schools?, b) Would a rising star coach demand more money coming to NU just because of the underlying risk of failure(you have to admit NU's Winning Tradition is broken)?

In my own mind, if I was Frost, I'd think about my own future.....didn't the stadium boo him when he was playing....probably remembers that experience like it was yesterday.......

GBR

5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Just for the record, I personally think Scott Frost would be a smart hire. 

I'm just worried we're acting like someone who hasn't had sex in a really long time, and how creepy that can seem to the person we want to bang. 

I guess I'm not familiar with how that would feel. chuckleshuffle

1 minute ago, River-runner said:

Let me ask a couple of questions, don't flame me for asking honest questions:

1) Does Nebraska have structural issues that have led to our last four coaches being unsuccessful, I'm too far away from the program to know, but sure seems so -

2) Scott Frost is indeed a guy with a very bright future: a) Would  NU present too much of a risk to his future earning potential given the last 17 or so years versus other schools?, b) Would a rising star coach demand more money coming to NU just because of the underlying risk of failure(you have to admit NU's Winning Tradition is broken)?

In my own mind, if I was Frost, I'd think about my own future.....didn't the stadium boo him when he was playing....probably remembers that experience like it was yesterday.......

GBR

All of this has been addressed numerous times throughout the forum....dedhoarse

14 minutes ago, River-runner said:

The stadium didn't boo him.  It was a few drunk students.  Besides, if he's making his decision based on something like that that happened over 20 years ago, then he probably isn't the coach we want.

Fun Fact:  The game when the boo birds came out was against none other then the UCF Knights!

Edited by Isle of View