** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

48 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

I know what you said, but why would he do that?  HE knows he is getting his money and everyone in the world would know it really was a termination.  Unrealistic. 

It's a physiological play that I believe is not only needed, but totally appropriate.

Its what is best for the program, the fans and the kids.  

14 minutes ago, alwayshusking said:

Nebraska can do everything behind the scenes that Florida can regarding a coaching search. 

Im pretty sure we have.  TO is the "secret" in the secret sauce that will get Frost here.  If Frost wants to come....

I'd like to think that Frost wants to be here as much as people want him here.

People talk about NU firing coaches too often or with 9 win seasons....McElwain is let go in year 3....After winning the East the previous 2 years and going 10-4 and 9-4.....This year he is 3-4 with some blowout losses.  Talk about un realistic expectations....I think NU would give Frost more time and a longer lead than that.  Riley was 5-7, 9-4, and now 4-4 with no division wins....and consistent blowouts last year and this.....

• Plus1 1

48 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

I'd love to have Scott come here.  I like to believe that Nebraska, as well as any other team looking for a new coach has already made contact at some level with Frost's people.  As such, I don't think the timing on this fire by Florida has much effect on where Frost goes (if he goes anywhere).  I'm just not sure how so many people all seem 100% convinced that Frost is just waiting for a call from Moos so he can accept.  I know nothing about the whole AD/Coaching dynamics, but I have a gut feeling we have less than a 50% chance that Frost is our coach next year.  I'd love for him to come here, but I am not stuck on him being the only choice that will ever be able to fix things with the Huskers.

I have been thinking the same thing but reading this today gives me hope.

In fact, Frost, who at the time of the interview was an assistant coach at Oregon, expressed enthusiasm about the possibility of one day coaching at Nebraska.

“Absolutely. It’s the No. 1 goal. Sometimes your goals come true and sometimes not. But there’s no other place I’d …”

He paused, seemingly not wanting his words to be seen as dismissive of his current job and employer. Then he continued.

“I guess I’d just say, a big part of my heart is in Nebraska, and I’d love to coach there someday.”

OWH Link

• Plus1 2

Everyone needs to relax including me about this Florida firing. Frost isn't going to take the Florida job in the middle of the season. He's going to finish the season at UCF before he starts worrying about what his next step might be if for anything for the team. There is ZERO way he's not going to wait and see what Nebraska is going to do. There hasn't been more perfect timing for him and us to try and make this happen. I agree it would be swell for Nebraska to come out and announce that Riley is retiring so Frost knows where we stand as a program if he does end up being our #1 target. That way we can begin to try and make moves as a program a little easier. 

At least this is what I keep telling myself today..................... :lol:

• Plus1 5
1 minute ago, blessed2bahusker said:

I have been thinking the same thing but reading this today gives me hope.

In fact, Frost, who at the time of the interview was an assistant coach at Oregon, expressed enthusiasm about the possibility of one day coaching at Nebraska.

“Absolutely. It’s the No. 1 goal. Sometimes your goals come true and sometimes not. But there’s no other place I’d …”

He paused, seemingly not wanting his words to be seen as dismissive of his current job and employer. Then he continued.

“I guess I’d just say, a big part of my heart is in Nebraska, and I’d love to coach there someday.”

OWH Link

Please Scott, if you’re reading all of this, come back to us! We have our hopes up for you and will give you time. You have the passion and personality we want! You are a Husker! GBR!

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, lo country said:

Im pretty sure we have.  TO is the "secret" in the secret sauce that will get Frost here.  If Frost wants to come....

I'd like to think that Frost wants to be here as much as people want him here.

People talk about NU firing coaches too often or with 9 win seasons....McElwain is let go in year 3....After winning the East the previous 2 years and going 10-4 and 9-4.....This year he is 3-4 with some blowout losses.  Talk about un realistic expectations....I think NU would give Frost more time and a longer lead than that.  Riley was 5-7, 9-4, and now 4-4 with no division wins....and consistent blowouts last year and this.....

"Im pretty sure we have.  TO is the "secret" in the secret sauce that will get Frost here.  If Frost wants to come...." 

what?!! Haha ... if Frost "wants to come", then TO shouldn't be needed. And if TO is needed and is the secret sauce to luckily landing him, then that would mean Frost isn't as interested as everyone on here would like to think he is. This FROST BEING NEBRASKA's SAVING GRACE is causing people to say some crazy ridiculous stuff that doesn't make sense what so ever. 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Everyone needs to relax including me about this Florida firing. Frost isn't going to take the Florida job in the middle of the season. He's going to finish the season at UCF before he starts worrying about what his next step might be if for anything for the team. There is ZERO way he's not going to wait and see what Nebraska is going to do. There hasn't been more perfect timing for him and us to try and make this happen. I agree it would be swell for Nebraska to come out and announce that Riley is retiring so Frost knows where we stand as a program if he does end up being our #1 target. That way we can begin to try and make moves as a program a little easier. 

At least this is what I keep telling myself today..................... :lol:

This is what some alcoholics would call a "moment of clarity". 

People need to chill the F out. If it happens, it'll happen. 

• Plus1 2