** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

My god. I didn't think our fan base could top its negativity.

Now we literally have no shot at a homebody, to be our next coach. Zilch. Nada. Zip. Zero. 

I guess time to move onto Campbell?

Too many spaces after No.

There’s a difference between negative and realistic.  There’s a REALISTIC shot he doesn’t come here.  That’s just stating a fact.

10 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

At this point if it meant we lose out on a shot at Frost I don't think people would care the least bit that he went against his word. In fact, if he sits around waiting and we lose out on Frost he wont be here much longer then Riley.

Riley will be responsible for firing more AD's then he does home victories in the 2017 season.

Wrong. He will have his chance to hire a coach. Frost isnt the only coach out there. If he doesnt hire Frost and the next coaches turns it around people will be saying, "Frost who?"  I trust Moos. Hes been there done that. 

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

the exact Rittenberg quote is "he is the 1a candidate at Florida. It would be almost a surprise if he doesn't end up at Florida. They are really targeting Scott Frost. " at 32:54

http://owh.backbonebroadcast.com/owh_mp3/TBL201711061200.mp3

Severe says the nonsense about not believing it and when Nebraska opens it changes things after Rittenberg hangs up.

Yep. FLorida should have Scott Frost as their top target. He is legit. Doesn't mean he ends up signing a deal. I will get worried if there is a reliable Florida insider posting about a potential deal in talks. Until I see that it is all speculation. 

1 minute ago, Rike Miley said:

Wrong. He will have his chance to hire a coach. Frost isnt the only coach out there. If he doesnt hire Frost and the next coaches turns it around people will be saying, "Frost who?"  I trust Moos. Hes been there done that. 

The upside to Frost for Nebraska is great.

He is young, wins, proven to turn a program around already, Nebraska alumni (This fan base craves former players who understand the Nebraska way to lead us on the field), and with being young Frost can be here for decades if he is just remotely successful.

• Plus1 1

Quite frankly, if Frost doesn't wait until the end of the regular season to decide on what he's doing next, then he's an idiot. Florida has no leverage here - Frost has all the leverage and can make them wait if he wants. No reason for him to jump the gun when there's going to be 4+ offers from major programs waiting for him.

• Plus1 5
6 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

The upside to Frost for Nebraska is great.

He is young, wins, proven to turn a program around already, Nebraska alumni (This fan base craves former players who understand the Nebraska way to lead us on the field), and with being young Frost can be here for decades if he is just remotely successful.

Never said he wasnt a good candidate. Moos is in contact. He pretty much said as much on Nick Bahes show last week. Hes a man of his word and thats more important to prospective coaches than anything. If he fires him now he will look like a snake. Give the guy a chance to hire a coach and a few years in before you want to fire him after 3 weeks. Good lord. 

Edited by Rike Miley

17 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Moos literally did this same thing when he hired Leach.

The biggest difference it is easier to directly talk to a coach chilling in Boca vs a guy who’s currently preoccupied.

And again people need to calm down their thinking no contact has been made.  Any direct contact to Scott he’d have to report it to his AD.  Secondly it is pretty shady not asking permission to talk to said coach and so much worse during a that coaches unfinished current season.  Finally, as it has been said there is the chance he chooses another path.  The damn interview everyone loves to quote about it being a dream job is FIVE years old. Things and life situations change in time, hell look at the current love affair with Mike after not even three years,

Edited by PaulCrewe
23 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Apparently there is a guy on twitter, that has more then 27 followers saying it is very close to a done deal with Florida and Frost. There is even dollar amounts and years linked to the almost done deal.

I think that’s my contact, Mickey from Orlando.