** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, Moiraine said:

It's being reported right now: "UCF’s Scott Frost has an extension on the table, which includes a raise to $3M for next year and up to $5M in 2-3 years."

Some dude tweeted it. It's from 247 which I don't have access to.

Yeah he hasn't signed it. Would have by now if he was going to stay and already turning down offers such as Florida. Would have already told Nebraska "No thank you" and signed his UCF extension.

We f'ing did it.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

It's being reported right now: "UCF’s Scott Frost has an extension on the table, which includes a raise to $3M for next year and up to $5M in 2-3 years."

Some dude tweeted it. It's from 247 which I don't have access to.

So, on the table, but not signed. This is where the rubber meets the road for us. 

ok.  Getting caught up somewhat.

Texas A&m has fired Sumlin?

Arkansas is open

Florida is hiring Mullen?

UCLA hired Kelly

Tennessee is hiring Schiano?  Never saw that coming....thats a bad hire in my books

Arizona St is hiring Sumlin?

Missisissipi ST is hiring Morris from SMU?

Ole Miss ?

4 hours ago, runningblind said:

Mainly MNC, and variations I have seen on here.

Men's National Championship?

Mythical National Championship-  A lot of schools claim them from like 1895...  No one knows how they got it....Like Bama claims like 12 titles.

For the record all 5 of NU's are legit.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, Nebhawk said:

Arkansas is open

UCLA hired Kelly

Tennessee is hiring Schiano?  Never saw that coming....thats a bad hire in my books

Ole Miss ?

I heard Morris is interested in the Ole Miss job. If A&M opens up, I'd think he'd be interested in that opening as well.

1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

Arkansas is open

UCLA hired Kelly

Ole Miss ?

The poll on Vol Nation is almost 90% of the fans "won't support" him if hired.

Poor guys, I'm enjoying Florida's massive failures, but for some reason I'd like it if Tennessee wasn't horrible forever.

Just now, olddominionhusker said:

YeAh but I wonder when they offered. If he signs that we are cooked

I don't think they just offered it to him this weekend. The UCF AD just signed his extension a week or two ago. I am sure Frost's extension was offered no later then the AD's. They probably offered Frost first then gave the extension to the AD to have the AD accept to show Frost the long term commitment.

Either way, it wasn't offered this weekend, meaning it's been on the table for a while now, and for any coach who was going to be looking long term at a school where they are currently unbeaten and currently recruiting, you sign that extension.

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Yeah he hasn't signed it. Would have by now if he was going to stay and already turning down offers such as Florida. Would have already told Nebraska "No thank you" and signed his UCF extension.

We f'ing did it.

Maybe he hasn't decided yet, or won't until his current employer's season is over.

Sorry that I'm tempering expectations, but I don't wanna see us set ourselves up for a big letdown.

• Plus1 1

Just now, Sparker said:

The poll on Vol Nation is almost 90% of the fans "won't support" him if hired.

Poor guys, I'm enjoying Florida's massive failures, but for some reason I'd like it if Tennessee wasn't horrible forever.

And they are being sold the Riley to Nebraska sell. "He did so much at Rutgers, imagine what he could do at Tennnessee."

Sorry Vols.

3 hours ago, Hayseed said:

From those 17 I'd add two and go for in order:
Frost
Fisher
Norvell
Bohl
Mullen
Niumatalolo
Leach
Venebles
Miles

Peterson wasn't on the list, I'm thinking for a reason.

Hi Hayseed, I found I had to scroll way down to find even more coaching names under consideration.

Just now, CheeseHusker said:

Maybe he hasn't decided yet, or won't until his current employer's season is over.

Sorry that I'm tempering expectations, but I don't wanna see us set ourselves up for a big letdown.

I get where you are coming from, but really if you thought there was a chance of staying at your current school longer don't you sign the extension when its offered? Knowing anyways in the back of your mind that if you did decide to take another job at years end, that other school would have to pay your buyout?

If Frost saw himself staying at UCF one more year he signs that extension. This helps with recruiting, and ends all talk that he is going elsewhere in the midst of an undefeated season.

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

Mythical National Championship-  A lot of schools claim them from like 1895...  No one knows how they got it....Like Bama claims like 12 titles.

For the record all 5 of NU's are legit.  

They're mythical because many of them were shared from split decisions by the AP and UPI polls. There's no doubt now.

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

Hi Hayseed, I found I had to scroll way down to find even more coaching names under consideration.

It looks like it was always Frost, then everybody else.

I'm researching to see if UCF might promote the OC to head coach to keep what they have going.

• Plus1 1