QB Adrian Martinez [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

30 minutes ago, RedRedJarvisRedwine said:

This guy is high a mutha! I honestly wondered how all of these qbs made this game. I didn’t see anything great about any of them. The whole game was ridiculous imo. Honor the players. Skip the game. Or turn it into a skills competition. 

Just like fall camp.  Defense is way ahead of offense because of the time required for offenses and the system to gel.  I bet all of the QB's are very talented and have a shot to be good at the next level.  THis game is just not a great showcase for that argument. 

21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think they are getting ranked more on the practice part.  That game has to be hard for QB's...you basically have 3 days to learn everything.  

Yep, the recruiting analysts are focusing on the practices during the week, because that's where the guys are getting the most reps.  The game is just a way to showcase all the players, but it's in an uncontrolled environment.

1 hour ago, famoustitles said:

Rivals liked Martinez, 247 didn’t basically. 

Again don’t read anything from this imo. First live action in over a year

The fact that he performed at minimum on par with all the other guys is a great sign IMO. One year off and first live action went very well I think.

5 hours ago, famoustitles said:

Rivals liked Martinez, 247 didn’t basically. 

Again don’t read anything from this imo. First live action in over a year

It was a few drives, but he played as well as any other QB in the game. The most impressive ball he threw all night was dropped in the endzone (it was well covered). He put the ball right in the WR's hands, over the shoulder of the defender....

I may be remembering wrong, but I thought I saw ESPN put him as a pocket passer. I know it is wrong but they had that up when they were talking about him. It had him as a pocket passer during the All American game. After that, it is clear that he is a dual threat passer as he runs for a first down a few plays later. I found that funny considering ESPN and their recruiting experts hype up the best, but make little mistakes like that. 

49 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

I may be remembering wrong, but I thought I saw ESPN put him as a pocket passer. I know it is wrong but they had that up when they were talking about him. It had him as a pocket passer during the All American game. After that, it is clear that he is a dual threat passer as he runs for a first down a few plays later. I found that funny considering ESPN and their recruiting experts hype up the best, but make little mistakes like that. 

They mentioned it, basically that he is a pass first but can run and it is why he is listed as a PP QB