Adrian Martinez Injury

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

RE: the bold:  My guess is it's a better angle, more to the right, from the sidelines.  It sure looks like #44 grabs & twists the leg when Martinez is on the ground.

As for punishment, I'm not sure. I can't remember ever hearing about a player suspended or penalized for a dirty play in the previous game. 

Only one I can think of is Eric Martin. If memory serves he wasn't flagged for the play during the game, but was suspended the following week. 

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I thought Frost said the replay they turned in was not available to the public? What is the punishment? Is there a policy? Since he plays for sCUm, do they take away his weed for a week?

I thought he said it 'would be made public' which could probably be construed a few different ways depending on interpretation - maybe it just hasn't been seen by a lot of people or maybe the angle came from Husker Vision. Either way, on a scale of 0 being completely clean to 10 being a full on curb-stomp dirty play, that's definitely in the 6-7 range at a minimum.

As for punishment, I don't know. If memory serves, the player that punched Ben Cotton in the groin repeatedly in the 2010 A&M game either walked away clean or was punished 'internally.' I don't recall much of a fuss happening otherwise despite there being clear video evidence.

3 minutes ago, NoKoolAidForME said:

If he is indeed day to day, that’s awesome news. I will just wait because we were also told Tre Bryant was back and near 100% in the beginning of August. 

IMHO, "100%" meant "as good as he is going to get".  From all indications, he was/is always going to have issues.  It was just a question of how it could be managed.

• Plus1 1

Every injury is different, but I had something similar and sat out for a month...First game back felt really weird and takes a little time to trust that your knee is good to go. AM has to be mobile to be effective, even throwing, otherwise Bunch is just as capable. From what Frost said during the off season, day to day could mean see you in 2 months. I hope he is good to go Saturday or against Michigan. I just wouldn't put too much stock into it. 

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

As long as we're doing expectation management, Troy is comparable to Colorado, and possibly better.

Boise St punked them pretty good at their place no less, they'll give us some trouble if we play like we did against Colorado but isn't that always the case when you have a -3 turnover margin and almost 100 yards of penalties? 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

As long as we're doing expectation management, Troy is comparable to Colorado, and possibly better.

Disagree about being comparable to CU.  I don't see anyone on Troy that is capable of giving NU fits like the top 2 CU WRs.  Troy is also breaking in a new QB as their 4 yr starter graduated although he has at least gotten a taste of action.  There's a chance my perception of Troy is colored by the fact they got handled by Boise pretty easily in their season opener and I'm discounting that Boise got 3 TDs due to defensive TDs or a short field off a turnover.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

We all love Suh, right? Let’s remember their player is a college student who has been given the full Nebraska twitter treatment - many times a good thing...in this case, very poor. If the leagues decide to do something about it, then I’ll be glad. It looks in my eyes very intentional. But we don’t need to continue saying terrible things about the player.

28 minutes ago, knapplc said:

RE: the bold:  My guess is it's a better angle, more to the right, from the sidelines.  It sure looks like #44 grabs & twists the leg when Martinez is on the ground.

As for punishment, I'm not sure. I can't remember ever hearing about a player suspended or penalized for a dirty play in the previous game. 

For crying out loud. If we are kicking players out of games for "questionable" targeting calls, then why not suspend players for being dirty on film?  Slippery slope, but if it's definitive (not saying this is), then why wouldn't you suspend?

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

We all love Suh, right?

Yeah. And...?

5 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Let’s remember their player is a college student who has been given the full Nebraska twitter treatment - many times a good thing...in this case, very poor.

What is "the full Nebraska twitter treatment?"

6 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

But we don’t need to continue saying terrible things about the player.

Nobody here is saying terrible things about the player. If you're seeing terrible things being said to the guy on twitter, probably a really good place to take that up is twitter.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1