What Did We Learn? Purdue

Waldo

We need to recruit a top 15 class at minimum.  

We have no other option but to trust the process.  

Gut check time for everyone, coaches and players.  

Wisconsin is another loss.  I won't really watch it like I do every snap of every game.  

Why pile on anymore?  I'd rather come back later in the season to see who is getting it done and where the process is at.  

Take away some of the stupid penalties (and bad calls) and we win that game. Finally the offense woke up, just too late. We had their defense on their heels in the 4th, just couldn’t capitalize. It will come, it seems like frost is sick of stupid behaviors and I’m guessing we see some changes on the roster for next week.

• Plus1 1

-I've thought brohm was an amazing coach from his wku days and today just showed that.

-barry is just a baller

-Spielman will be special 

-jackson needs to stay benched, let's bring in lee.

-Dline still can't generate pressure

-playcalling was head scratching at times but I'm still putting my faith in frost.

-the referees sucked but I feel like our team came together after the BS calls, maybe this will be the turning point

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I learned that getting cute with rugby style punting isn't Lightborne's forte.

I learned that i can get hoarse from screaming at bad referring even from home.  I think i was more disgusted with reffing today than i was for that A&M game.

i also learned that maybe it's time to "cuss a guy out".  Some of them are overdue for a tongue lashing.

I agree.  I know Frost really wanted to emulate that Osborne stoic gentlemanly demeanor- but he needs to get there attention and now

• Plus1 1

1. Many on this roster have been absolutely ruined. Whether it is the lack of development physically, fundamentally, or mentally, guys are ruined.

2. This O needs to go vertical more and stress the secondaries.

3. Devine is the best back on the team and stop questioning it despite what your heart desires....

4. The O-line is better at pass protection and it feels weird to say it. 

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

Take away some of the stupid penalties (and bad calls) and we win that game. Finally the offense woke up, just too late. We had their defense on their heels in the 4th, just couldn’t capitalize. It will come, it seems like frost is sick of stupid behaviors and I’m guessing we see some changes on the roster for next week.

but they happened- was it Khalil Davis and the roughing the passer?  Geez- dude better be ruining some steps

If absolutely nothing else, at least this team showed some fight today. 

I generally try not to whine about refs, but they were especially terrible today.

Grasping for positives is getting old. I’m willing to admit that my confidence in him and his staff has severely dipped. 

• Plus1 1

We will lose a lot of games this year, but the team will play better by the end of the year.  

Martinez is eleet and he will win a lot of games by the time he leaves here.  

Oz ruled today, I take back any negative comments made toward him being slow.  

We only had one turnover.  
We are still making far too many stupid mistakes.  

I think we see a bunch of players benched after what Frost said.  

Frost is going to right this ship, it is just going to take a lot longer than many of us koolaid drinkers thought.  

"I'm tired of seeing us do the undisciplined things that get us in trouble," Frost said, his team trailing 20-7 at the half. We can't get 15-yard penalties, hitting guys out of bounds. We can't have penalties on special teams. We can't have holding calls and guys dancing on the field afterwards. We look like an undisciplined team. I'm tired of playing the guys that keep doing that. Because we can't tell them more times than we have. We got a good enough team to win this game. We've got a good enough team to win a bunch of 'em. But we can't do that stuff anymore and I'm tired of watching it."

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, NebraskaShellback said:

Purdue QB wax his eyebrows :rollin

There were calls missed by the 6 blind refs

Did better in the second half

I still love watching huskers football

Next game and the season is getting shorter and a chill in the air people.

Missed calls only in one direction I thought the refs had 7 eyes each they way saw those phantom calls against Nebraska

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, gorp512 said:

Would be big if he came out Monday or after the game today and took some responsibility for this. 

I thought they spent 9 months under the tutelage of Zack Duval learning how not to play "patty cake" on the field.  I don't know if you noticed but Mike Riley isn't the coach anymore.  

• Plus1 2