Jump to content
PlzCoolerMe

Maurice Washington Faces Charges

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The guy is being charged with a felony charge of distributing child pornography. 

 

Im sorry people reacted to strongly for both you and JJ Husker.

 

Is the lack of context here doing anything for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, she still hasnt reported it as an assault. Her parents are just now "thinking" about pressing assualt charges. This very well could be a video guys sent him out of spite bc it was his ex.  We dont know.  NO WAY am I trying to say she is not a victim, but I also am in NO position to say he was completely in the wrong....any more than tons of teens with nudies. Imagine Washington seeing everyone INSTANTLY turning their backs on him without knowing entire story. Family??

 

Again, IF he is guilty of malicious intent, or malicious felony, then narrative changes, but how about innocent until proven guilty !

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, HANC said:

After reading a handful of updated articles by writers, I have softened my stance a little. Let's remember that he dated her, received a video of some sort, which he apparently didn't know was claimed to be non-consensual. The guys in video were NOT charged with assualt, even after everything came out. She contacted him, he pursued her and he was pissed, so he immaturly, sent video. 

As a teacher in a hs, these type of pics are sent daily, meaning, if caught, many,many kids would face the same felony.

I am not excusing him, nor supporting him, but I can not believe people have thrown him out already without knowing what actual intent. The kid who actually participating in the act and actually filmed it, sending it to Washington only got probation. Some are acting like he should be locked up.  C'mon, get some facts and think about entire picture.

tenor.gif

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

y'all know that teenagers these days send and receive sexually explicit photos/videos/language all the time, right? Especially women receiving dick pics. It's probably morally and ethically wrong and in poor taste, but it's also extremely normal.

 

So a 15-16 year old kid dates a girl, gets his heart broken, then gets sent a widely circulated video of (to his knowledge) her having sex with another guy. Then gets a text from her as an 18 year old, still jilted and emotional, and sends it back to her out of hurt and anger?

 

Wow. What a monster. Off with his head, imo.

 

Maybe this can help contextualize for all you virtue warriors. When I was a sophomore and my date to homecoming who I was in love with left the dance early with another guy and had sex with him. I was devastated. She was talking to me over MSN Messenger a few days later and wasn't sure that I knew about it. So she tried to beat around it and play coy and compliment me. So, via type, I said something along the lines of, "Yeah, thanks, although I'm not nearly as cool as someone that would ditch their date to a dance to go have sex with someone else." Of course I wanted to make her hurt, because I was hurt by her.

 

It's not a 100% parallel but functionally this is the same thing. Or maybe not functionally, but as a matter of moral, ethic, and intent, it's the same. Difference being that kids in that situation now live their lives on smart phones in their pockets and have access to anything and everything and are wildly reckless with what they put out there. That's not low character, that's just childhood immaturity and emotion.

 

 

 

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I guess I was hoping UNL would have been able to be transparent from the start of this months ago.  It’s not a good look.  

 

 

What would this have looked like? Monday morning press conference, Frost gets asked about Northwestern game plan, answers, then says, "oh btw, just so y'all know, california police are requesting to interview Maurice Washington in relation to a potential crime committed maybe by him or by other people but there have been no charges filed and we can't really tell you the details."

 

 

  • Plus1 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HANC said:

Also, she still hasnt reported it as an assault. Her parents are just now "thinking" about pressing assualt charges. This very well could be a video guys sent him out of spite bc it was his ex.  We dont know.  NO WAY am I trying to say she is not a victim, but I also am in NO position to say he was completely in the wrong....any more than tons of teens with nudies. Imagine Washington seeing everyone INSTANTLY turning their backs on him without knowing entire story. Family??

 

Again, IF he is guilty of malicious intent, or malicious felony, then narrative changes, but how about innocent until proven guilty !

Lets not forgot the parents likely received/saw the video years ago and if they hadn't, they definitely did now because in the article it states the girl was told not to look at the video because her parents had an ipad app that lets them look at all of her messages (aka they watched the video). Rape/sexual assault would be pretty easy to tell from a video i'd assume and parents would jump to press charges immediately for rape if that were the case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FearAmeer said:

Lets not forgot the parents likely received/saw the video years ago and if they hadn't, they definitely did now because in the article it states the girl was told not to look at the video because her parents had an ipad app that lets them look at all of her messages (aka they watched the video). Rape/sexual assault would be pretty easy to tell from a video i'd assume and parents would jump to press charges immediately for rape if that were the case

Well she and the two boys in video had to leave their school so I'm guessing mom and dad saw it a couple years ago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FearAmeer said:

Lets not forgot the parents likely received/saw the video years ago and if they hadn't, they definitely did now because in the article it states the girl was told not to look at the video because her parents had an ipad app that lets them look at all of her messages (aka they watched the video). Rape/sexual assault would be pretty easy to tell from a video i'd assume and parents would jump to press charges immediately for rape if that were the case

 

 

I'm not sure how it all works, but would she even have needed to press charges if it was an obvious sexual assault? The police were involved due to the boys distributing the video, so they would have seen it already. In addition to that, she says she "froze" which implies to me she was conscious. That is not to say it wasn't sexual assault. But that it wasn't an obvious sexual assault to the police, so why would it be obvious to Maurice Washington?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the feeling there's going to be a lot of walking back on this subject from people taking a hard-line stance either way.

 

We don't know the facts. We know part of one side of the story.

 

Once the facts come out, appropriate action will be taken by the legal authorities and the athletic department, I have no doubt.

 

People just need to calm down.

  • Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what i've read so far i don't think and serious criminal charges are going to stick on Mo, but i think he may be suspended or cut from the team. I hope not. because i don't want to lose our top running back . i don't pretend to know the players as humans and i'm in no position to judge them, sad truth is i'm mostly interested in them as ball players.There i said it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earlier, I felt he was and should be gone. I also refrained from posting it. Now, based on facts surfacing, I believe he should NOT be cut from team. Suspended yes, just like other violations. Coaches jobs are to help turn boys into men. Not always easy. Lessons learned.  Again, this is based on if facts keep moving in this direction.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

From what i've read so far i don't think and serious criminal charges are going to stick on Mo, but i think he may be suspended or cut from the team. I hope not. because i don't want to lose our top running back . i don't pretend to know the players as humans and i'm in no position to judge them, sad truth is i'm mostly interested in them as ball players.There i said it.  

I don’t think so. I think this is may be he was really held up last spring/summer and was a risk to get here. I’d bet it had not as much to do with grades and everything to do  trying to figure out how to handle this mess. With everything we know about Frost and his attention to detail, his focus on character kids, his meticulous planning, etc, I’d put money that he and the U have been up and back and up again analyzing this inside and out to the best of their abilities. They haven’t acted, nor because he’s the only kid that can run with a football in his hand, but because there’s not enough here to act on.  That’s also likely the reason not much else legally is going on here. Many women don’t press charges in sexual assault situations due to the he said she said aspect and difficulty going through the process trying to prove everything.  In this case, there is a video. The fact that 3 years have passed, the video has been seen by many and yet no charges have been brought gives me pause. Nothing adds up here. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I get the feeling there's going to be a lot of walking back on this subject from people taking a hard-line stance either way.

 

We don't know the facts. We know part of one side of the story.

 

Once the facts come out, appropriate action will be taken by the legal authorities and the athletic department, I have no doubt.

 

People just need to calm down.

 

But but but....it's alleged behavior ....he may be charged.....it could be a felony.:ahhhhhhhh

 

The virtue warriors gotta be heard. Some are convinced this is evidence of Frost not wanting high character guys. It's as if they were power braking, waiting for the light to change since the day he was hired. And as for MoWa....evidence is mounting, obviously he is Satan reincarnated or, at the very least, some lower level demon. Pay no mind that we're talking about the actions of a teenager and this, if it did occur as some believe, is sadly not as uncommon as we'd all like it to be. Who knew 15-16-17-18 year olds could act immaturely and maybe make bad decisions. Get the rope.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...