Jojo's a bad man

Landlord

2 hours ago, Jeremy said:

Crazy that he didn't fumble. That would have been huge at that point of the game.

Ha ha!  Yeah, I saw that play in real time and wondered the same thing.  I mean, QB Brandon Peters was waving the ball around one handed and absolutely got destroyed by Jojo's hit.   How could he not fumble?   I saw the answer on the replay:  he did fumble.  The ball went all the way around his body and right back into his hands.  The odds of that happening are slim.  That's a lost fumble way more often than not.  Helluva hit by Jojo.  

/I realize you probably mean lost fumble, not fumble.  

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Landlord said:

That's right for encroachment but I think there's some penalty against defensive line where you're not allowed to try and fake out the offense with a flinch or twitch. I'm not sure what it is but Brock Huard pointed out that Daniels got away with that once against Colorado, and the announcers were talking about how it was a savvy veteran play but not legal.

You're right.  It would be an unsportsman like penalty, just like mimicking the cadence.  It's hard to call though on a single twitch or movement; it would have to pretty glaring for them to call it..

2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Millen ain't the sharpest tool in the shed. I saw the same thing, it was close but I think he stayed back. It's just hilarious how their line handled it - if he was in the neutral zone, flinching to draw the call works. So does snapping the ball and letting the QB chuck it deep. In neither case is it smart to then remain in your stance as a lineman - even if he was offsides, snapping it means the play is live and your QB won't like the 5 yards in return for getting lit up. 

But he was so good as the GM of the Lions.  Think of all those can't miss WRs he drafted!

• Plus1 1

The way Frost talked about it, feels like the blackshirt could have been withheld because Jojo spent some of fall camp rehabbing with a private trainer. Is there anything to that? It could be interpreted as he was just injured and not a participant so they waited, or it could be the fact that he wasn't even in camp. Guess it really doesn't matter either way, just curious. 

5 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Kugler is always great.  Millen was a bit off, but since he had a recent heart transplant, I will give him a pass.

Second rate teams attract fifth tier announcers. Once we finally beat a top 10 team and may be make the top 25, we will get better announcers for our games. Until then, I do not mind our fifth tier announcers.

2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Second rate teams attract fifth tier announcers. Once we finally beat a top 10 team and may be make the top 25, we will get better announcers for our games. Until then, I do not mind our fifth tier announcers.

Kugler and Millen are the #1 team for BTN.  They are better than a number of combos on ESPN or FOX/FS1. 

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

The way Frost talked about it, feels like the blackshirt could have been withheld because Jojo spent some of fall camp rehabbing with a private trainer. Is there anything to that? It could be interpreted as he was just injured and not a participant so they waited, or it could be the fact that he wasn't even in camp. Guess it really doesn't matter either way, just curious. 

In the presser, Frost mentioned not being with the team impacted the decision to award the Blackshirt that was/is deserved.

7 hours ago, Landlord said:

That's right for encroachment but I think there's some penalty against defensive line where you're not allowed to try and fake out the offense with a flinch or twitch. I'm not sure what it is but Brock Huard pointed out that Daniels got away with that once against Colorado, and the announcers were talking about how it was a savvy veteran play but not legal.

The play with Daniels was more of a shout which could be considered an infraction for trying to simulate a snap signal

50 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Minding and Deserving are two different things

19 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

Kugler is good, Millen not so much. He was pretty bad most of the night. But there certainly are some worse crews as you mentioned.

Yeah I'm sure I was overreacting a little, but I did not like Millens commentary much at all, which kind of sucks because he's a good guy and all he's been through. I did laugh when Stoll made that catch and kugler called it the whatever play and millen was like "I dont care who the sponsor is that was a great catch"

• Haha 1