What did we learn? (The NW edition, sponsored by the MASH 4077)

I think the biggest take is that we aren’t where any of us want to be, however we lose this game last year. We are pretty young and inexperienced and we found a way to win an ugly game through adversity. I’m not trying to pump sunshine but I’m also not goi g to join the Debbie downer group. It’s obvious we have lots of problems that need to be fixed, and hopefully they will be. Just enjoy this win and get ready for Minnesota 

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

This team and staff are a work in process

We are 6 games in and really beat up

Martinez looks lost/confused/timid 

Noah was a gamer

We do not have a center 

We have PAT kicker

Frost needs to embrace his no fear of failure mantra and go for it

ST are a disaster

We won, but damn it was ugly

I have no idea what our offense is supposed to look like-I see nothing resembling Oregon/UCF or NU last year

Robinson-game, set, match

Why do we even have TE's

We have no receiving threats save JD and Wan'dale

Refs were horrible

D, overall played well

No INT's or TO's

Its devolved into just get robinson the ball. He's the entire offense. 

I think the biggest take is that we aren’t where any of us want to be, however we lose this game last year. We are pretty young and inexperienced and we found a way to win an ugly game through adversity. I’m not trying to pump sunshine but I’m also not goi g to join the Debbie downer group. It’s obvious we have lots of problems that need to be fixed, and hopefully they will be. Just enjoy this win and get ready for Minnesota 

I learned that we need a thousand hours of more practice time.

But what I feared is coming true....the BIG oafs are falling on our skill players.

I also learned that we shockingly looked nothing close to Stanford against Northwestern. I'm not sure why we've gone so far backwards.

7 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Fixed it for you.  That right there is the reason the offense has no rhythm, and why Martinez is a scared shell of himself this year.

How this isn't the more prevailing thought than "Martinez sucks this year" is beyond me. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

-I hope 2AM is okay but I was sort of relieved that the decision to bring in Vedral was taken out HCSF hands......because it wouldn’t have happened.

-Coaching in the AAC is apparently a completely different animal than coaching in the B1G.

-Jurgens cannot, CAN NOT be our center going forward. If you can’t figure out how to get the ball to the QB in 4 weeks, it ain’t gonna happen.

-Learned that if you’re a Nebraska defensive player you cannot cleanly hit the QB while the ball is still in his hand and if you’re within 5 yards of a receiver, you will be called for interference. That one play was highly educational.

-Our special teams are still extremely “special”.

-Overall our receiver room is a liability, as is our OL.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

We played right into Northwestern's hands, gave them the exact type of game they love and usually win, and got lucky to escape. Don't want to take anything away from our ability to actually win the game, but luck was definitely a big factor. Still, we lose that game last year. We did lose that game last year. So there's some baby steps progress that feels good and feels good enough for tonight. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1