Attrition apparently already starting.

Cdog923

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

This just isn't a sustainable way to run a program.  Eventually coach is going to have to inspire guys to buy in otherwise we'll never build any depth.

Frost has already ran off tons of guys, and here we are a year-and-a-half in, blaming most everything on a lack of talent and depth.

If “running off” 2 guys inspires 70, I call it a win.

• Plus1 2

Jumping in at midway here, but admitting that there is a talent issue isn't an uncommon issue when your school or team is constantly hiring and firing coaches.  It seems like a death sentence for any diehard Big Red fan to admit we don't have the horses in the stable to play 4 quarters of ball against thoroughbreds from other schools.  

I do question schemes and player fits on this roster.  I have wondered if 3 yards and a cloud of dust would have been better for winning some games, but it wouldnt have beaten the Buckeyes, and probably woudn't have beaten the Gophers.  Might have gotten Colorado.  So is an one game improvement enough to justify playing down to our current level, or is trying to showcase the future a better option.

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Ohio State is Top 12 (or better)in the country in 30-, 40-, 50- and 60-yard plays.  They seem to be doing OK.

We've struggled the last three games because we've played two of the top defenses in the country (statistically) plus a sound Northwestern team.  We have a struggling offensive line and we've have our four best play-makers miss large chunks of those games.

We had nearly 300 more yards of offense against Illinois than Wisconsin did, and Wisconsin had the ball for 40 minutes against them.  Our offense also out-did Wisconsin's effort against Northwestern in both points and yards.  Last year we were putting up 450 yards of offense against B1G opponents like it was no big deal. 

Your statement is a blatant overreaction.  We have struggled, yes.  It has also been shown that we can put up huge numbers with this offense against B1G opponents.  Just because we haven't this month does not warrant statements like that.

Mav, I just want to be VERY clear for our readers at home....

WE'RE BEATING WISCONSIN AREN'T WE?!?!?!?!

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Ok....no idea what this means??

1 hour ago, C N Red said:

Just what he needs, another loonie trying to email him. Of course he needs to change things, but for crying out loud, give it some time. This place has been constantly broke for over 15 years, so its gonna take more than 2 years to fix. So many high and mighty cry baby husker fans. You all should find a better team to root for, and leave the rest of us sorry sacks.

Just so we’re clear, this is exactly what was said about Riley, and to some extent, bo pelini. So I suppose the question is, what exactly in the first 19 games can you point to as proof that somehow things will be better next year? 
I like frost. But it’s silly to act like anyone who has concerns about the product on the field is crazy. There are serious issues in Lincoln. They won’t magically get fixed just because the head coach is a former player, or because he had success elsewhere, or because you “believe”. He still has to make the right moves in all areas. So far, he hasn’t. That’s the issue here. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Fire 2

I think we will get there in year 3 or 4.  If you look at other teams not named OSU or Wisky, that have made coaching changes, they all for the most part struggle in the first couple of seasons.  Usually they do pull and upset or two, but lose games they should not be losing.

Schemes are just schemes.  If you talent, the scheme won't matter.  Speed is the great equalizer.  Power is the great maximizer.  We are midway in both of those phases right now.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheSker said:

I was told repeatedly Mike Riley could do more with less.

So, ya know......

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Problem is, he can also do less with more....

Through 19 games Riley's had a lot more wins including  a bowl win and a top 10 opponent win with a roster that was either (per rankings) nearly the same in raw talent level or actually slightly worse than what Frost has achieved/inherited :dunno

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
30 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Through 19 games Riley's had a lot more wins including  a bowl win and a top 10 opponent win with a roster that was either (per rankings) nearly the same in raw talent level or actually slightly worse than what Frost has achieved/inherited :dunno

Because there was so much "anti-Bo" sentiment, a guy with a barely .500 record, could come in, and look like the almighty jesus christ, part time carpenter, through 19 games

inglorious basterds idk GIF

• Plus1 4
8 minutes ago, walksalone said:

Because there was so much "anti-Bo" sentiment, a guy with a barely .500 record, could come in, and look like the almighty jesus christ, part time carpenter, through 19 games

inglorious basterds idk GIF

similar to how much anti-riley sentiment allows our homegrown savior to be under .500 and regressing in some notable regards early into year 2, i guess. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1