*******Official Purdue Game Day Thread********

FIRST HALF OBSERVATIONS:

• This game should be at least 21-0 or 21-7.
  • 2 turnovers (one of which was at the 2-yard line!), 1 blocked punt...3 total points.
  • Perdue ranks 76th in rush defense. Nebraska had 58 yards rushing before Adrian's final scramble.
  • Adrian Martinez's decision making is still WAY OFF. Both his decision when/when not to pass, and also when to scramble.
  • Your eyes don't lie...the offense runs smoother when Vedral is in the game (which he should be).
  • I've seen enough from this defensive scheme that I'm convinced a change is in order. 
  • Nebraska has a few fast athletes, but the team as a whole is not fast, and we certainly are not physical.

Things I'd like to see in the 2nd Half:

1. Commit to the running game with Mills. Where has the QB running game and zone-read gone from this offense???
  2. Enough of the flare passes to the flat. If the blocking is setup it could be a decent gain. However, Adrian has been struggling with these throws, and if he misses it the play just becomes a wasted down without gaining any yards.
  3. Put Vedral in the game.
  4. I'd like to see the defense go to more of a Cover 2 Zone. Let the safeties help out the corners, and take away those crossing routes for Perdue's QB.

LONG TERM DISCUSSION POINTS:

• Nebraska will never be NEBRASKA again until it is PHYSICAL first.
  • Nebraska should take a hard analytical look this off-season to truly decided if they want to stick with this 3-4 defense or if they would be better off with a 4-3. I personally think they would be better in a 4-3 scheme.

Listen, we can complain about coaching and whatever our opinion of that is, but when I just watched 2 or 3 players whiff on tackling a slow tight end, thats execution.  Thats on the players first.  Now, if those players cant make the plays, we need different players on the field.  Its the culture.

1 minute ago, 3rd and long said:

The fact is, Wandale is going to get hurt if we keep giving him the ball between the tackles. And quite frankly, right now there is a lot more negative going on then positive. There’s a reason people are focusing on that......because it’s been a recurring theme this year. 

But the negative isn't because mills is running only outside and wandale is getting a majority between the tackles. Both RBs get tackled for loss on runs outside and inside. Is it a fact wandale will get hurt? Do you have a crystal ball? He doesn't carry it more than 10 times between the tackles in a game 

1 minute ago, grandpasknee said:

What changes do you have in mind?

Well it starts with changes on the football staff and forcing Scott to understand that needs to happen. We can't play fundamental football, I don't care what talent you have or don't have, blocking is blocking, tackling is tackling, execution is execution. We can't play fundamental football and it looks like we as fans are okay with that when we fill a stadium every Saturday without question no matter how good or bad the product on the field is. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1