The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I think "they" are waiting to see what it looks like after these first two weeks back from break.

If it is a s#!tshow...get ready for remote.

There are already no subs out there.

I know we are covering for people today, we have several teachers absent today.  The rumor is at least two of them are out for 5 days because they were positive for COVID.  We'll see...

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I know we are covering for people today, we have several teachers absent today.  The rumor is at least two of them are out for 5 days because they were positive for COVID.  We'll see...

I love covering classes because it is extra cash!

But everyone is hurting for subs right now.  Have a friend who teaches in a middle school and they need to hire an art teacher but in the meantime can't even find a sub to cover the art class.

6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Another thing I hate about covid. Toddler woke up this morning with a cough and slight fever. I burn PTO, keep her home from daycare, go spend $60 on some rapid tests, test the entire family, we're all negative. That's a massive pain in the a$$ for what turned out to be nothing. 

The day my 3 year old can finally get vaxxed is the day I open up a kissing booth on the corner. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Cleveland and Chicago public schools going remote.

Hold onto your butts!

My kids' school is down 10 teachers this week. 8 to covid and 2 to taking leave due to their houses burning down in the fires. I think remote school is coming very soon for our area.

37 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Some projection data I’ve been seeing seems to be a week or two later than what your predicting. Sometime First two weeks of February.   Sharp downturn then levels off for a month or so mid way down then another sharp downturn early April.  Assuming no other variants that take over Omicron.  
But I like your guess better!!  

That matches the projections I've seen as well. Omicron is spreading VERY fast. Hopefully the lower hospitalizations and deaths we've seen elsewhere continue here.

7 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Another thing I hate about covid. Toddler woke up this morning with a cough and slight fever. I burn PTO, keep her home from daycare, go spend $60 on some rapid tests, test the entire family, we're all negative. That's a massive pain in the a$$ for what turned out to be nothing. 

I hear you.  Hopefully after this surge, we'll allow our mindset to evolve as this virus has.  Hopefully industry-wide some lessons have been learned about providing sick time so employees can feel ok about staying home when their experiencing symptoms, be it cold, flu, etc.  That alone could keep us from having bad disease seasons.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

99% sure one of my kids middle school teachers is out with Covid (they haven't explicitly told us she is out with Covid).  What they planning on doing starting today is having her teach remotely from home while the class watch/listens on thier ipads at school.  And then they can find any schmuck (like teach) to sit in the classroom and observe.

14 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

My kids' school is down 10 teachers this week. 8 to covid and 2 to taking leave due to their houses burning down in the fires. I think remote school is coming very soon for our area.

That matches the projections I've seen as well. Omicron is spreading VERY fast. Hopefully the lower hospitalizations and deaths we've seen elsewhere continue here.

Get this...I taught with a lady, years ago her house got hit by lightning...enough where they were told to just rebuild...so they did...then that house got hit by lighting like 15 years later...then she just retired and move to Texas.

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Get this...I taught with a lady, years ago her house got hit by lightning...enough where they were told to just rebuild...so they did...then that house got hit by lighting like 15 years later...then she just retired and move to Texas.

That's as unlikely as lightning striking the same place twice... wait

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Where the lightning comes with Tornadoes, Power Outages, and heaping amounts of herp-a-derp?

...probably not the best choice they could have made, to say the least.