Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

15 hours ago, knapplc said:

I would venture a guess that every football player from the NFL to Pop Warner wants to play. But organizations need to be smart about this, and have plans in place.

Rookies report in 48 hours. We've known about this stupid pandemic since at least March. Where the heck is their plan? 

And do college teams/conferences have better prep than the NFL? If we're going to have a season, I sure as heck hope so.

Ummm...that's....not good.

Looks like no NFL this year...

On 7/15/2020 at 2:08 PM, Notre Dame Joe said:

The problem is herd mentality.  It's so much easier to repeat the phrase There will be no season than it is to debate whether and how to run the season. 

The extremely sad thing is, you actually believe some of the ridiculous things you post. Maybe read your posts before hitting submit, and if it sounds batsh#t crazy, maybe revise it...at least once....please.

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, Scarlet said:

If you're dismissing the number of cases then you're saying it's more deadly than reported.

That's your take.  I'm saying many cases were inaccurately reported, including many who died.  Many cases also continue to go unreported.  The intention of my post was to highlight that earlier data was very flawed in all directions.  Recent data appears to be much more accurate and that is the data that should be used for decision making whether that is for football, mandates, or whatever.  It just gets old seeing graphs comparing us to whoever based on data that basically every expert in the world agrees is at minimum flawed.  I believe we should be focused on active positives, and active hospitalization rates of confirmed positives to make decisions.   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

That's your take.  I'm saying many cases were inaccurately reported, including many who died.  Many cases also continue to go unreported.  The intention of my post was to highlight that earlier data was very flawed in all directions.  Recent data appears to be much more accurate and that is the data that should be used for decision making whether that is for football, mandates, or whatever.  It just gets old seeing graphs comparing us to whoever based on data that basically every expert in the world agrees is at minimum flawed.  I believe we should be focused on active positives, and active hospitalization rates of confirmed positives to make decisions.   

It gets really old listening to people make excuses about data they don't like. You keep ignoring the fact that many other large countries have this under control while the US screws things up beyond belief.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Bledred said:

Understanding the situation that we are in a little better:

We are dealing with a virus that spreads like the flu/cold and would seem to be far more contagious than the flu/cold.  It has a history of affecting each person differently, regardless of age or vitality (ie: several 90 years olds have cruised through it while many in their 40s and 50s has died from it).  Viruses do not go away...ever.  Especially those that have spread all around the globe as this one has.  So this means that A) This is not going away ever.  And B) everyone will eventually get it.  

Several workers from the lab in Wuhan have defected and are currently being held/interviewed by MI5, MI6, and American Intelligence agencies.  Inside sources are saying that they are claiming that the virus came from an accident within the Wuhan lab.  IF this is true, then we are not dealing with a normal run of the muck virus. This thing is a bio-weapon and is designed to inflict mass casualties (as already seen) and is also designed to be very difficult to detect (as already observed with an unheard of 2 week+ dormant period) and is designed to have a large amount of symptoms which makes it harder to diagnose (already observed) and is designed to adapt and mutate very quickly (already observed with hundreds reporting getting sick from it multiple times). 

If this is reported by the US government that it came from a lab rather than a bat, then the situation is much more dire than previously thought.  University Presidents will most likely cancel all fall sports very quickly.  I hate to be the Debbie downer here but it is increasingly looking like this is what this is. 

Surely you have a source for this incredible "information"?

• Plus1 3

22 minutes ago, runningblind said:

It gets really old listening to people make excuses about data they don't like. You keep ignoring the fact that many other large countries have this under control while the US screws things up beyond belief.

That's your opinion.  Name these countries that have it "under control".  We are at the mercy of all the different countries media and what they decide to feed us.  Any narrative can be adjusted to look positive or negative to feed differing agendas.  I agree, we have a problem here.  Looking at recent local data, we NEED to improve.  I'm not arguing that in any way.  I do however take issue with the doom and gloom people that just want to spend their time slandering our country and focusing on what could have been done months ago based on data that was questionable at best.      

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

That's your opinion.  Name these countries that have it "under control".  We are at the mercy of all the different countries media and what they decide to feed us.  Any narrative can be adjusted to look positive or negative to feed differing agendas.  I agree, we have a problem here.  Looking at recent local data, we NEED to improve.  I'm not arguing that in any way.  I do however take issue with the doom and gloom people that just want to spend their time slandering our country and focusing on what could have been done months ago based on data that was questionable at best.      

You keep claiming all the data is flawed. Where are you getting the "good" data that shows the information everyone posts here is wrong?

As for countries that have this under control, South Korea, Japan, most of sub-Saharan Africa, half of South America, almost all of Europe... Apparently you dismiss all of this as "the media has an agenda" so you don't believe any of it, but you never show where the truth is coming from. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

The mental gymnastics you have to go through to believe that all the media and all the governments around the world got together to make this situation into the s#!t show it is now is impressive.  It's like you're pulling off a Tsukahara.  Where did they hold the convention anyway?

Sometimes Occam's razor needs to apply.  Isn't it possible that this is a virus, nasty as it may be, and we are a species just like any other on the planet in that we're suspectible to occasional plagues?  Why does the situation have to be twisted into some sort of conspiracy to do what? Crash the economy?  Control the masses?  What?

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

numbers can be twisted to make up any story you want.....it's always been that way.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

you can believe it or not, but it has been suggested many deaths were due to other issues, not related to covid, but counted as such.

no, i do not trust our government. anything Gates is tied to is corrupt.

Again; this is happening all over the world, to countries with different governments and press relations, and the only legitimate info anyone has on Bill Gates is that he and his wife have been instrumental in fighting malaria for years with millions of dollar from their foundation. 

You do realize that when you say you don't trust our government, that would be the statements coming out of the White House, and that Bill Gates isn't a member of the government. Right? 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

Major League Baseball is about to launch a 60 game season.

It looks like the NBA bubble experiment is going to happen. 

Everybody will be watching to see if they can pull it off. People hungry for sports might easily forgive the weirdness. Or it could feel so compromised that it's not worth it. But any glimmer of success could be a model for everyone else.

But it's strange that the NCAA is at the center of this, with things breaking on a daily or hourly basis, while the NFL remains motionless.  

• Plus1 2