New AD or Head Coach

6 minutes ago, Bledred said:

1320124558-Screen-Shot2020-12-01at8-23-0

This is just sad.  Might as well put up a massive sign above Memorial Stadium that says "Hey southern recruits!  ...  Choose a warm weather school!" 

Much better to let them get here thinking it's sunny beaches and paradise and then really pull the ol swicharoo come December.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

You wanted him to come out publicly as say if frost didnt win out he would lose his job?

Win out what?  We only have one game left this season, Minnesota is in no shape to play football for many weeks. 

Moos is obviously not holding Frost to any kind of expectation every season.  Otherwise he would not have given Frost an extension after two disastrous seasons.  Moos is no longer Frost's boss but his cheerleader.  I am starting to think Moos wants to leave this state with his millions more than Frost.  Those year-round sunny warm states are looking mighty nice this time of year.  Frost lived in sunny Florida and then went to Nebraska.  Might as well have moved from Hawaii to Siberia.  Willing to bet his wife is none too happy about that change...nor the fan attention they get in public...or their house being robbed before they moved here.  Frost made it ultra clear he is super protective of his wife and child.  I think a high profile gig like Nebraska is just not a good fit for Frost and he is clearly not the level of coach we all thought he was.  He will take his millions and run to a warm place soon.  And we can hire a coach who does not have any kids in the nest and will do anything to win....like say Urban Meyer. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Bledred said:

And that is why Bill Moos will be let go mid-season 2021.  IF he had not given Frost an extension, he might have saved his job with NU only being on the hook for one additional year beyond 2021, and the fact that everyone and their cats and dogs wanted Frost to be hired of which Moos had no choice (The Basketball and Baseball hires may pan out yet also giving Moos additional cred to remain AD after Frost).  BUT he decided to give Frost a two year extension after two losing seasons.  I would bet that Moos is the first power 5 AD to give a HC an extension after two consecutive losing seasons.

If you think we would ever be on the hook for "one additional year beyond 2021", I have a bridge to sell you.

• Fire 1

If Frost has another losing season  next year, I don't know how he survives to coach in 2022.  That'll be NU with 4 losing seasons under Frost.  All his guys.  Unsure how you spin that there is a silver lining in that.....We've fired every coach after TO.  And they all had better records....And as I typed that I wonder how many other P5 teams have only gotten new coaches by firing old ones....

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

It's a throw away season.  The Huskers are a finishing drive or two from being 3-2.  They experimented with McCaffrey as a starting QB (RFR).  The O line has had some protection problems.  The starter RB missed games.  The depth at RB and WR was not ready with the playbook.  The secondary plays too far off the LOS.  There is no pass rush.  Nobody was gone beat Ohio State.  And there is no excuse for Illinois.  And still a drive or two away from being 3-2 (hello NW and Iowa).  Those games were there for the taking.  I promise you. 

Frost will be around.  Moos too.  Things will get better.  Even though it sucks to see how it has been played out so far.  We just have to be a little more patient, even though I am not getting any younger lol.  It will be worth it. 

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

We are 5 games in and we do not have a RB with over 100 yards yet....Not for a game BUT FOR A WHOLE SEASON.....Not one.  WTH does that tell you.  Injuries, youth etc will be the excuses.......BUT STILL NOT ONE. Our offense is QB run or Wan'dale.....That's not a scheme.  That's a HUGE RED FLAG in year 3....The OL was to be the strength of this team.  We are a dumpster fire route now.  I have no answers....

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

@lo country I guess you can call it an excuse if you want but injuries have definitely been the main cause.  Mills has only had more than 12 snaps in two games.  Scott has only played more than 17 snaps once.  Johnson has basically only played the last two games.  Thompkins basically hasn't played since Ohio State.  They just haven't been able to get guys on the field consistently.  

When your top two guys have been hurt for several weeks and everyone else is freshmen, it's hard to get traction.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
On 12/1/2020 at 10:27 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think there's room for both weight rooms and ice cream in football. It's a game. They're still kids. They don't look like they're having fun right now. 

So what would you have said if MIke Riley had the players making snow angels before practice? 

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 8.23.06 AM.png

Is that JD slipping out the back door? 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

All I want for Christmas is a competent coaching staff. Please Santa

Frost is a dead man walking. I think he'll meet with the ad at the end of the year. Expectations will be set then once Frost fails miserably he will be fired. This is by far the worst coaching staff in the history of our program including Callahan. Completely incompetent all across the board complete failure

• Plus1 3