Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

1 hour ago, ndobney said:

Adrian Martinez has a poor work ethic and lack leadership. They go hand in hand a lot of the time. 

You could’ve picked any number of things to claim as facts disparaging Adrian’s play but instead you posted this uninformed bull$h#t drivel. Exactly what in the f#çk do you know about his work ethic or his leadership? Nothing, that’s what you know about it.

I wish he threw the ball better, made decisions a tick sooner and, most importantly, had a supporting cast and some sensible coaching but you sir are way out of line talking out your a$$ about things you know jack sh#t about. Show us where on the doll the student athlete touched you. f#&%in supposed fans.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ndobney said:

Adrian Martinez has a poor work ethic and lack leadership. They go hand in hand a lot of the time. 

Yikes. Probably worst take of season. His leadership may be BEST on the team. You dont get voted captain by peers if you also have poor work ethic.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

Thought he ran well.  Should have committed to the run offense a lot more than what they showed. 

But they put it on Martino's shoulder to carry the team and they threw it too often.  In this windy cold weather.

Some passes he wished he had back.  Some missed throws.  Some unfortunate sacks.  Some good throws.  Some indecisiveness. Some turnovers.  Some bad luck.

You take the good with the bad.  I think the play calling should have focused on TOP today, running hard, field position and not putting it all on Adrian to win or lose teh game. 

This is the Big 10 like it or not.  Sometimes you move the chains, sometimes you punt, sometimes a FG, sometimes you force a turnover, and then sometimes you get a few touchdowns.  My point is this... BIG 10 style football should be implemented in full force when it is November and onward.  AMart can do good enough if you just play within the means of the game. 

• Plus1 1

I think Adrian is a great person and makes for a good captain, but he has been an average (at best) QB for Nebraska his sophomore and junior years.  I can't think of anything he does particularly well, and a lack of consistency is his biggest downfall. It seems about one out of every 4 games he has a really solid performance for the duration of the game.  I am not quite sure what happened as he was a gamer his freshman year and seemed to be doing all the right things to put his team in a position to win.  Is Verdusco to blame?

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

What do people expect him to do?  Luke hasn't proven he's better than an injured 2AM and our third string QB has no experience and very well might not be any better either at this point.

I think the message was for Scott to run the ball more at that point.  Or maybe that's just my take against the 110-something ranked rushing defense anyway.

I sympathize with AM because it's like he's driving a V8 that occasionally fires on all cylinders, but often times only runs on four or five. And then he either rides the clutch a little too hard or misses a gear change here or there. Some offenses can find ways to score when things aren't aligning really well, but I don't get that feeling with Nebraska. I don't think there's a fix for that this season, and I would say I'm optimistic about 2021, but there isn't a lot we've seen offensively this year to give us hope for a vastly improved product.

• Plus1 1
  • jsneb83 locked and unlocked this topic