Adrian Martinez

308_Husker

@Coloradohusk I agree on Betts, going to be fun watching him. I saw that play a little differently. Watching as a coach (which is wrong), I was frustrated that Betts began jogging early on that route rather than flying deeper. If he takes that defender deeper, it clears everything for Wandale. I think it is TD if Betts finishes route. Again, I love Betts.

• Plus1 3

Adrian needed to sit for a bit that NW game. It was obvious that he was off. Sometimes a guy just needs to watch for a bit. Everyone seems to forget about Tommie and Brook.

It's pretty clear that being on the sideline helped him refocus. He's still got a lot to work on, but he's clearly QB1 now. We need to find a place for Luke now. He's too good to only get one or two snaps a game. He needs to be on the field.

• Plus1 3

@HANCI was just pointing out that Betts’ mere presence on the field creates more space for other receivers. He may have been jogging on that route.  Betts also ran the wrong route when Wandale was running a deep route from the slot which resulted in a pass interference. Betts and Wandale were in the same area on that play.  After the play, Wandale was telling Betts after the play. 

Adrian has about as much heart, dedication, and will as any Husker to put on the red 'N' in my opinion. He didn't pout and give up after Luke got the start against Illinois; he fought back and did everything he could for the team.

76% completion percentage today? Amazing. For anybody that might say "Yeah but that's because so many of those throws are high percentage ones." Sure, fine - then give Frost & Lubick credit for drawing up a game plan that moved the chains and put up 37 points!

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2
  • jsneb83 locked and unlocked this topic