What is the future of the Republican Party?

35 minutes ago, funhusker said:

All these loonies must have had insanely messed up childhoods.

”My dad got drunk every night and beat up my mom when dinner wasn’t ready.  And I turned out fine!”

“No sir. No you didn’t…”

I read up on this.

Here's him describing it in his book:

Vance writes in his book, Hillbilly Elegy, that his grandfather was a “violent drunk” and his grandmother a “violent non-drunk.” In one anecdote, he says that before he was born, his grandmother told his grandfather that she would kill him if he ever returned home drunk again—and when he did, she tried. “Mamaw, never one to tell a lie, calmly retrieved a gasoline canister from the garage, poured it all over her husband, lit a match, and dropped it on his chest. When Papaw burst into flames, their 11-year-old daughter jumped into action to put out the fire and save his life,” Vance writes.

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and suggest that maybe folks who attempt to IMMOLATE each other should not stay together for the sake of traditional family values.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
2 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I read up on this.

Here's him describing it in his book:

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and suggest that maybe folks who attempt to IMMOLATE each other should not stay together for the sake of traditional family values.

Holy shot!  I don’t mean to laugh at this, it isn’t funny!

But I had no idea when I posted!

Just reading this page of this thread topic makes me think that the GOP has completely gone to Bizzaro :blink: world. The stupid, misguided, corrupt, toxic thinking in the GOP is just  beyond words. It is time the sensible GOPers either rise up and boot the crazies out (probably not enough of them to do so) or just leave and start over. We need a true center-right-center left party.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Just reading this page of this thread topic makes me think that the GOP has completely gone to Bizzaro :blink: world. The stupid, misguided, corrupt, toxic thinking in the GOP is just  beyond words. It is time the sensible GOPers either rise up and boot the crazies out (probably not enough of them to do so) or just leave and start over. We need a true center-right-center left party.  

We have been told constantly on here that the crazies aren't the future of the party.  Well, it seems like the longer we go, the more crazies are coming out of their holes in the ground and gaining steam. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

We have been told constantly on here that the crazies aren't the future of the party.  Well, it seems like the longer we go, the more crazies are coming out of their holes in the ground and gaining steam. 

Yes, and too many once 'sensible' politicians have to go the crazy route to not upset the trump cult members - otherwise they lose their votes.  The longer the GOP holds on to Trump, the deeper the sink hole will become.  Candidates will have to become crazier just to overcome their crazy primary opponent.  There are few Liz Cheney's in the GOP world - those who won't change themselves.  In the Okla special GOP primary election to replace Jim Inhofe, there were 13 candidates and each one had to 'out trump' the other ones.  Some pretty stupid stuff was said.  In the run off election, we have 2nd District Congressman MarkWayne Mullen as the lead.  He had introduced legislation in the House that seeks to remove the stain of Trump's 2 impeachments - basically reversing it and striking them from the history books as a mistake. 

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

He's running one of the worst campaigns in recent political history, his opponent is running a good campaign and has a history of connecting to voters, and Vance is going to win by 8-10%.

Such is the way states like Ohio have become a lost cause.

Herschel Walker says hold my beer :D

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

He's running one of the worst campaigns in recent political history, his opponent is running a good campaign and has a history of connecting to voters, and Vance is going to win by 8-10%.

Such is the way states like Ohio have become a lost cause.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 4
5 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

"Progress Ohio" is a left leaning pollster that is hardly neutral. Their polling is designed to prop up causes they care about.

Now, I wish it were true, but Tim Ryan will not win there. Vance is going to win by high single digits.

A political environment where Ryan wins means that Democrats will likely expand their house majority and win Senate races in Wisconsin, possibly Iowa, and control the Senate with 53 or more seats.

That's simply not going to happen.