*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I'd give him 1 more year to have a winning season. But it would cost a lot of $ to fire him.

I agree, and this is why I added in "New AD" in the thread I started last week. Moos made a HUGE mistake in extending Frost 2 more years in December, 2019.  Frost was already locked up til I think 2024 and there was no need to give him 2 extra years until 2026.  This will make it harder to remove Frost when he should be removed.  Most blue blood teams would be firing Frost after this season was over.  Can you imagine Florida, Oklahoma, LSU, etc.. hanging onto a coach who has 3 straight losing seasons and shows no signs of improving the program?

Just now, Decked said:

Wrong. If he keeps this up he will be gone in two years. 

At some point the boosters are going to get sick of writing checks for tens of millions of dollars to buy these coaches out.

I don't think Frost stays because the brass has confidence he'll figure it out, I think he stays because the buyout funds dry up.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Minnesota is 111 in Rushing Defense. Nebraska continues to fail to stick to a running game when it's working.

Nebraska needs to be a Power Running game as part of it's offensive program.

Everything you said is correct, but we would have 21 more points already if our QB could hit a wide open receiver from time to time. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Benhart has been a liability at RT all game.

I thought they said we were two deep on the O Line for the first time under Frost. Why is Benhart still in there getting whipped and giving up sacks?

Exactly.  And why are we in a position where AMart has to be a pocket passer when clearly he's not?  Why do we not seem to care about our glaring--no downfield passing game-- weakness that is probably worse than any other B1G team?  Maybe Matt Masker can complete something beyond 10 yards.  We'll never get to find out.