*Rumor* Mass exodus incoming.

16 minutes ago, internetman said:

I believe this will happen at lots of programs.... rumors of 1000's of players in transfer portal.

Sounds like a lot of people will not be playing college ball next year when they realize they aren't more special than the crop of HS Seniors currently who come with less baggage 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Sounds like a lot of people will not be playing college ball next year when they realize they aren't more special than the crop of HS Seniors currently who come with less baggage 

I just don't get the attraction to spending a minimal amount of time in a program and then thinking the grass is greener somewhere else.

One hell of a lot of players are going to end their careers doing this.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I just don't get the attraction to spending a minimal amount of time in a program and then thinking the grass is greener somewhere else.

One hell of a lot of players are going to end their careers doing this.

Exactly, you look at all the kids from Florida that bailed...where have they ended up? Non P5 schools. Like you arent going to get the same level of coaching and support there. Can you still make it to the pros etc? Of course but the road is much more difficult and requires even more effort than you were giving at NU. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Exactly, you look at all the kids from Florida that bailed...where have they ended up? Non P5 schools. Like you arent going to get the same level of coaching and support there. Can you still make it to the pros etc? Of course but the road is much more difficult and requires even more effort than you were giving at NU. 

Honestly though I think the Florida kids experienced a huge culture shock. Frost had to learn that the hard way. It’s not UCF where guys move 2 hours away from home. The 2021 class shows frost learned his lesson on that one. 

• Plus1 1

Just because someone types something in the little box at the bottom of all of our screens doesn't mean they know what they're talking about. I get this guy has hit on some stuff in the past but that doesn't mean everything he's saying is true. Anything that opens with "Players are leaving because of this extremely specific complaint that fans have" is automatic skepticism from me.

Wandale's twitter likes are full of pro-Huskers stuff including this from two weeks ago:

Anything could happen but this doesn't seem like a guy unhappy with where he's at or who thinks his coach's ego is out of control. Warner wouldn't have gotten a shot to play at almost any other P5 school so I don't buy that. Stoll has been passed by Allen and Vokolek and the TE room adds Fidone next year so I wouldn't be shocked by him transferring. Feels like we're getting cranked here.

Edited by J-MAGIC
  • Haha 1

i think with social media and coverage of football these days kids can go play at a lower level and still make it to the NFL.  My damn Chicago bears have drafted at least 3 guys  out of power 5 the last few years that saw playing time.  One guy wasn't even Div 1.  So if you aren't a fit at the school you originally chose and end up in a group of 5 school or lower they're careers aren't over.  Two of the best players of all time in the NFL played at little schools nobody cares about.

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

With this new bill proposed in Congress, who would want to leave college sports period......Talk about a pay day for athletes.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/30533536/congressional-proposal-overhaul-college-sports

makes it a lot easier to cut dead weight on the roster. If you aren't performing you get the boot baby. 

• Enhance changed the title to *Rumor* Mass exodus incoming.
3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

makes it a lot easier to cut dead weight on the roster. If you aren't performing you get the boot baby. 

Seems like more protection. Maybe I'm missing something.  Guaranteed schollies for undergrad so long as maintaining a 2.2, guaranteed medical care for 5 years after graduation, transfer with no penalties, go into the draft without losing eligibility.........Also divided the profits amongst 130 schools so even less profitable schools get some of the Bama?Clemson/OSU money.   I see a lot of "pay yo play" starting with sportswear companies via endorsement deals....This passes, athletes have hit the lottery.

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

Seems like more protection. Maybe I'm missing something.  Guaranteed schollies for undergrad so long as maintaining a 2.2, guaranteed medical care for 5 years after graduation, transfer with no penalties, go into the draft without losing eligibility.........Also divided the profits amongst 130 schools so even less profitable schools get some of the Bama?Clemson/OSU money.   I see a lot of "pay yo play" starting with sportswear companies via endorsement deals....This passes, athletes have hit the lottery.

eh it ends up turning into employee vs employer. The amount of tape and stipulations etc will grow and make it into a NFL Jr. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1