Transfer Portal?

Aliens05

20 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

I still don't understand why we aren't going hard after a pass rusher.

I would guess there just aren't many quality pass rushers in the portal, and if they do hit there,  we are probably about the 30th option as suitors will line up around the block for them.  Guys who can rush the passer effectively are very rare and almost as sought after as QBs.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
On 5/28/2021 at 9:01 AM, knapplc said:

They're the product. The sport generates billions of dollars. They should be paid accordingly. 

They are not the product.  The fans, the alumni, the student's are the product.  The game is the product. You're acting like having access to 

mega millioned dollar practice facilities,  the best technology money can buy, million dollar coaching staffs , world class nutrition, etc.... is somehow raping young men of their livelihoods.  It's not.  It's allowing them to grow and develop into professional athletes, if they so desire.  Unfortunately, some are their own worst enemy.  

Actually, it's not unfortunately.  It's life.  Not everyone has what it takes, but all are given the opportunity.   Why not have the NFL erase the three year wait time to enter the draft?  Or let teams carry X amount of under 20 players through an expanded roster?  It is not appropriate for colleges to pay players, but it is appropriate for the NFL.  

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

They are not the product.  The fans, the alumni, the student's are the product.  The game is the product. You're acting like having access to 

mega millioned dollar practice facilities,  the best technology money can buy, million dollar coaching staffs , world class nutrition, etc.... is somehow raping young men of their livelihoods.  It's not.  It's allowing them to grow and develop into professional athletes, if they so desire.  Unfortunately, some are their own worst enemy.  

Actually, it's not unfortunately.  It's life.  Not everyone has what it takes, but all are given the opportunity.   Why not have the NFL erase the three year wait time to enter the draft?  Or let teams carry X amount of under 20 players through an expanded roster?  It is not appropriate for colleges to pay players, but it is appropriate for the NFL.  

Imagine an 80,000 seat stadium where the only thing people do is watch alumni & students.

Where does that exist?

Nowhere.

That's because the athletes on the field are the product.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

17 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I wonder what % of players end up transferring "Down", not to FCS but just to a worse school. 

Seems like Transfer players, most of them, are just not as highly sought after.

Would you rather play at an FCS school or sit behind guys for a few years at an FBS school? I understand it. These dudes want to play. Some of them are severely misguided however. They think they are better than they really are. 

Just now, Decked said:

Would you rather play at an FCS school or sit behind guys for a few years at an FBS school? I understand it. These dudes want to play. Some of them are severely misguided however. They think they are better than they really are. 

I think dropping down a entire level is hard for a lot of guys, almost like they admit to themselves that they are not as good as they thought they were.

• Fire 1
26 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think dropping down a entire level is hard for a lot of guys, almost like they admit to themselves that they are not as good as they thought they were.

Don’t tell that to a certain former CB from Florida now at Toledo :lol:

• Oh Yeah! 1
34 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yup. Then there are those who are OK with just being a part of P5 culture over playing time in FCS.