** 2021 Opponent Previews : @ Michigan State (Game 5) **

9 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

I think he's one and done. He's played in 2017, 2018, and 2019 and already took a redshirt I think.

One and done is correct.  2020 he was technically a senior.  This is his Covid year.

"Toure can play in 2021 because the NCAA granted all fall sports athletes an extra year of eligibility due to the coronavirus. He entered the transfer portal in November, three months after the Big Sky decided to try to play football in the spring semester this school year."

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/former-montana-all-american-wr-samori-toure-grad-transfers-to-nebraska/article_e109632a-3eea-578d-8dd7-379a2811377e.html

• Plus1 1

This game is huge. If we win then we can look back and definitively say the Oklahoma close game was indeed maybe a turning point in this program, that it was an actual moral victory that lead to other victories over games maybe we wouldn't have won had we not gained confidence in playing well vs Oklahoma. We lose and the close game at Oklahoma means nothing. Michigan State is a really good team, but they are certainly beatable. Nebraska needs to win this game or we don't go bowling.

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Walker- Didn't realize Wake Forest was so bad that this guy got just 600 yards both seasons with them. He has nearly that so far with MSU in just 3 games. 

Wouldn't it be nice to find and pick up someone like this. 

The Wake Forest stats are a bit misleading as he was in a true timeshare plus in 2019 they had Jamie Newman at QB who ran a fair bit plus a couple solid WRs so they spread the ball all over the place.  Last year WF only played 9 games and again he was in a timeshare with Christian Beal.  I guess he felt he was good enough to be a true bell cow back and as of right now, he looks to be 100% correct.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/wake-forest/2019.html

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, admo said:

You might need to have a spy defender on him (like JoJo), and prepare to stuff their running game, inside and outside.  (And screens to him).  Pretty sure they did that to us several years ago against Ameer.  Was effective.

Reimer and the other LBs better eat their Wheaties this week for sure....

• Oh Yeah! 1

Seeing a lot of their fans say that we sound similar to them defensively, real solid everywhere but lacking an elite edge rusher. Like others have mentioned, it sounds like they have someone who can spy Martinez really well.

I remember after we lost to Tucker, he essentially said in the post game “at halftime, we noticed their OLine and QB didn’t read or react well to simple stunts so we just kept sending it at them.” I think they’ll try to lean on interior pressure to mess with our timing again.