Besides a win...

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Many sustained offensive drives.

Some 3 & outs on D.

A sack or 2 and some hurries.

Some chunk plays 20-30+, throwing and rushing.

Some line dominance, both lines.

To not have to yell WTF? at my TV more than maybe once.

I feel that we have had to live with sustained drives too often, which then bog down due to mistakes.  I want to see some scores on big TD runs (especially by an I-back) or pass plays to our WR's.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I feel that we have had to live with sustained drives too often, which then bog down due to mistakes.  I want to see some scores on big TD runs (especially by an I-back) or pass plays to our WR's.

I should have specified….. sustained drives that end in touchdowns and that don’t get bogged down in the red zone.

• Oh Yeah! 1
27 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I get the hate for the play, but assuming we're throwing it to the right guys I actually hope to see several. 

any play is a home run if the right reciever is hit, the right hole is run through with the correct blocking or the correct play executed against a vulnerable defense. These flare passes are essentially long hand offs for us and never seem to amount to much....pretty much a wasted play. 

I don't care what plays we run if they are getting decent yardage and this ain't 1 of them for us. 

11 minutes ago, KC Sker said:

any play is a home run if the right reciever is hit, the right hole is run through with the correct blocking or the correct play executed against a vulnerable defense. These flare passes are essentially long hand offs for us and never seem to amount to much....pretty much a wasted play. 

I don't care what plays we run if they are getting decent yardage and this ain't 1 of them for us. 

I think they've been better than they get credit for, but I don't have the data to back that up. We remember the one that is thrown backwards and the one that gets blown up, we don't remember the bunch that went for 5-10 yards. Even the 3 yard ones seem like a lot of work for little gain, but it's like a run up the middle. They're not all going to break for big gains, but it forces the defense to account for it or it will. As long as we're past occasionally throwing it backwards or whiffing on the block and it being a pick six, I'm at peace with them. They're not going away.

• Plus1 2

3 things I want to see:

1) an offense that shows either flash or ability to make the other team look lost. The offense looked vanilla or unable to adapt in past years.

2) True pressure on the QB. I want to see the QB running scared

3) Special Teams that doesnt make me cry. I dont need you to run amazing fake punt plays but for the love of god, dont let the punter run for 20 yards or not have any blocking on kick returns. 

• Plus1 1