Michigan State: What did we learn?

Nobody is going to roll this team with this defense.   It's playing as well as any we've had in decades.  The comical beat downs aren't happening with this D.  

Klatt said it best last week.  Turning a program around goes like this:

Lose big

Lose small

Win small

Win big

We're stuck on lose small.  Can Frost win small enough over the next two months to save his job?  I see it happening.  With this defense we're going to beat one or two of the teams we counted as loses.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Dude accounted for 71% of our offense tonight, (with a 71% completion percentage) playing behind the worst offensive line in school history, playing for possibly the worst offensive playcaller in 60 years (give or take a Shawn Watson). He's far from the problem. 

He does a lot right and then he…takes sacks when a quarterback absolutely cannot give up a sack (no matter how bad the O line is), misses wide open receivers regularly, overthrows wide open 6’-10” receivers, fumbles and throws picks. I mean you’re right, he is the least of the offenses problem but that really isn’t saying much with this offense and this special teams. Hard to heap praise on anyone associated with this s#!tshow. The defense and Chinander, that’s all this team has going for it.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

He does a lot right and then he…takes sacks when a quarterback absolutely cannot give up a sack (no matter how bad the O line is), misses wide open receivers regularly, overthrows wide open 6’-10” receivers, fumbles and throws picks. I mean you’re right, he is the least of the offenses problem but that really isn’t saying much with this offense and this special teams. Hard to heap praise on anyone associated with this s#!tshow. The defense and Chinander, that’s all this team has going for it.

The guy covers up more s#!t on offense than a box of Pampers; at this rate, he's as valuable to this offense as Crouch was in '01. 

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Nobody is going to roll this team with this defense.   It's playing as well as any we've had in decades.  The comical beat downs aren't happening with this D.  

Klatt said it best last week.  Turning a program around goes like this:

Lose big

Lose small

Win small

Win big

We're stuck on lose small.  Can Frost win small enough over the next two months to save his job?  I see it happening.  With this defense we're going to beat one or two of the teams we counted as loses.  

Umm...we have lost small often over Frosts 4 year tenure especially in season 1. I agree the defense has improved, but there is no way it should take more than 4 seasons for a coach that has the resources that Nebraska provides to finish above .500.  At some point we have to stop blaming the players or one assistant here and another there and look at the head coach who runs the team, has hired every single staff member and has brought on all the players he felt he needed. 

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Umm...we have lost small often over Frosts 4 year tenure especially in season 1. I agree the defense has improved, but there is no way it should take more than 4 seasons for a coach that has the resources that Nebraska provides to finish above .500.  At some point we have to stop blaming the players or one assistant here and another there and look at the head coach who runs the team, has hired every single staff member and has brought on all the players he felt he needed. 

And keeps paying a coach who literally makes QB's worse throughout their career but won't hire a ST guy.

• Plus1 1