Conference Realignment Rumors

6 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

Arizona, Arizona State, and Utah to the Big 12 would make the most sense.

I might have to take back the snide comments I made about this guy.  He might be exactly right.

But, of course, that would mean that he won't have a conference to be commissioner of any more.  But, hey, he can always claim that he was right about it!

I was obviously wrong, but a few years ago I thought the Big 12 was dead and the Pac 12 would become a Big 3 with the B1G and SEC. The ACC is still above the Big 12, but the gap isn't all that large imo.

It is going to be interesting to see what the Pac leftovers do. If they raid the MWC and WAC they could have a really good basketball league, but football is dead.

6 hours ago, Omaha-Husker said:

I was obviously wrong, but a few years ago I thought the Big 12 was dead and the Pac 12 would become a Big 3 with the B1G and SEC. The ACC is still above the Big 12, but the gap isn't all that large imo.

It is going to be interesting to see what the Pac leftovers do. If they raid the MWC and WAC they could have a really good basketball league, but football is dead.

I would have thought the same, but the PAC-4 (or whatever the number will be) hasn't seemed to be serious about athletics for a while.

39 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I would have thought the same, but the PAC-4 (or whatever the number will be) hasn't seemed to be serious about athletics for a while.

I'm beginning to think that the remnants of the Pac 12 join the Mountain West conference after the B1G and Big 12  expand and take many of the teams.

If that's 4 teams, I think that would give them a 16 team football conference.

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm beginning to think that the remnants of the Pac 12 join the Mountain West conference after the B1G and Big 12  expand and take many of the teams.

If that's 4 teams, I think that would give them a 16 team football conference.

I could see that, they are basically going to become a conference of time slot fillers.  Late night games and probably some insane 8am/9am kickoffs.  Anything to get some coin

• Plus1 1

ACC part won't happen. (at least not soon.)

Oregon is not liked by either USC or UCLA and as such those schools won't joyously accept that invite according to 1620 this morning. Also, Oregon isn't even a top 150 accredited academic institute so there's that too. Washington I can see but Oregon is, imo, a no. 

Still believe the next group is the "all in" group of:

Washington, Stanford from the PAC

UNC, Miami, Notre Dame, Virginia (or Pitt) from the ACC

Maybe to reach 24, FSU and Pittsburgh (or Virginia) 

38 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

ACC part won't happen. (at least not soon.)

Oregon is not liked by either USC or UCLA and as such those schools won't joyously accept that invite according to 1620 this morning. Also, Oregon isn't even a top 150 accredited academic institute so there's that too. Washington I can see but Oregon is, imo, a no. 

Still believe the next group is the "all in" group of:

Washington, Stanford from the PAC

UNC, Miami, Notre Dame, Virginia (or Pitt) from the ACC

Maybe to reach 24, FSU and Pittsburgh (or Virginia) 

If the B1G is trying to get several ACC teams Georgia Tech would absolutely be one of them.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1