Your Predictions For The West

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

If we were talking about any other coach then you'd have a point.  Hell, he would have been gone years ago.

But you have to use Twighlight Zone logic since we're talking about Frost.  You're out of your gourd if you think 6-6 gets Frost anything but a nice long leash by the administration and a majority of the fan base.

You're out of your gourd...!!! Awesome!  Who said that?? I want to say Chris Elliott on Letterman but I can't quite remember... 

He used to be the fill in as a scratch guess back in the day, and just kill it (uncomfortably lol)

Hm?  Not sure how we go 8-4 and finish 3rd in the west behind MN (tie = MN beats NU) so that means we only lose 2 other conf games - presumably WI and IA since MI has 4 conf losses.  So if we best OU, NW and the others not mentioned, NU gets off to a miraculous start to 2022.   

Sounds wonderful but so does winning a hundred million in the lottery without even buying a ticket!   It’s possible but I’m not spending my life savings before the $$ is in my Cayman Islands account.  Lol. 

23 hours ago, admo said:

You're out of your gourd...!!! Awesome!  Who said that?? I want to say Chris Elliott on Letterman but I can't quite remember... 

He used to be the fill in as a scratch guess back in the day, and just kill it (uncomfortably lol)

Yes,  it was Chris Elliott.  He said it in Groundhog day.

• Thanks 1
On 7/26/2022 at 5:23 PM, admo said:

The guy under the seats!

Letterman was great back in those days. Larry Bud Melman :lol:

• Oh Yeah! 1

On 7/26/2022 at 4:17 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

With this schedule?  7-5 is progress. 8-4 means we're back. 9-3 means we've gone Pelini. 10-2 means Trev Alberts saved a leprechaun's life in Ireland. 

Eh, we don't get to 6-6 without progress.  Even with switching out Ohio State and Michigan for Indiana and Rutgers. 6-6 means we beat a couple teams we've made a habit out of losing to, which would require progress.

You may not be satisfied by it, I know I wouldn't be.  But it's progress just the same.

On 7/26/2022 at 4:17 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

By your "twice as many wins" logic, a 5-7 season would just be one fewer win, and 66% better than last year. But I don't see Frost keeping his job, and you wouldn't have to venture out of your gourd to agree

What if we're the best 5-7 team of all time?  That's way better than the best 3-9 team of all time.  Stranger things have happened in just the last four years.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Eh, we don't get to 6-6 without progress.  Even with switching out Ohio State and Michigan for Indiana and Rutgers. 6-6 means we beat a couple teams we've made a habit out of losing to, which would require progress.

You may not be satisfied by it, I know I wouldn't be.  But it's progress just the same.

What if we're the best 5-7 team of all time?  That's way better than the best 3-9 team of all time.  Stranger things have happened in just the last four years.

Bob Devaney just rolled over in his grave and took a shot of Old Crow. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

The guy under the seats!

Letterman was great back in those days. Larry Bud Melman :lol:

Bud Melman!!! LOL I forgot about him!

It was entertaining and simple.  More than we knew at the time. 

One of my all-time favorite episodes ... 11 minutes of 1983 late night with Letterman.  Starts around 11:50...

• Oh Yeah! 1
49 minutes ago, admo said:

Bud Melman!!! LOL I forgot about him!

It was entertaining and simple.  More than we knew at the time. 

One of my all-time favorite episodes ... 11 minutes of 1983 late night with Letterman.  Starts around 11:50...

Two of my favorite people.  Uncle buck is one my favorite movies.  Dave is an IN guy.  Went to Ball State.  Had a friend and teamate that went to Ball State and played for the team that gave the huskers a run for their money 

• Fire 1