Who should our next HC be?

33 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I think I know who the mystery man is that checks ALL the boxes.   He knows the entire country in football experience, great on the field and the classroom, available immediately now, will almost certainly retain MJ and Busch having worked with both of them.  

Experience in Big Ten and Big 12.  
Understands the X & Os  and the Ps & Qs. 
A GRINDER. 
Hard working character guy. 
I don’t believe anyone has seriously mentioned his name as a candidate yet. 
Almost guaranteed fit in Lincoln.  Probably be a popular choice for some fans while others will take some time to come to like the success he can achieve.  It will be sustainable 

Can u guess him?   
i will reveal him tomorrow night if nobody gets it sooner.  

BO PELINI

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
37 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I think I know who the mystery man is that checks ALL the boxes.   He knows the entire country in football experience, great on the field and the classroom, available immediately now, will almost certainly retain MJ and Busch having worked with both of them.  

Experience in Big Ten and Big 12.  
Understands the X & Os  and the Ps & Qs. 
A GRINDER. 
Hard working character guy. 
I don’t believe anyone has seriously mentioned his name as a candidate yet. 
Almost guaranteed fit in Lincoln.  Probably be a popular choice for some fans while others will take some time to come to like the success he can achieve.  It will be sustainable 

Can u guess him?   
i will reveal him tomorrow night if nobody gets it sooner.  

Matt Canada?

25 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

How about we start beating teams that we should have a talent advantage on? You know, like the teams in the Big Ten West.

There is no reason that we shouldn’t be having more success. We’re expected to win and don’t. That’s a good place to start. To an extent we’re blinded by our tradition of having been dominating winners. It carries over into how we present ourselves to players from when they’re recruited. We’re not that anymore. And the mindset starts at the top. 

• Plus1 3
33 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

That’s true, it might be hard to get those guys… but the way Aranda presents himself and represents his school would make him worth getting.

I have zero problem with Aranda either. Brings a level of toughness Trev talks about and does check most of the boxes. I really like Jeff Grimes his OC as well. Mickey and Busch would hopefully stay on as well. Would he come here? Does Trev want him? That’s the question.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

That’s true, it might be hard to get those guys… but the way Aranda presents himself and represents his school would make him worth getting.

I agree. Aranda would be a good get. I just don’t see us being able to pull him away.

10 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Another horrible take. I’m shocked.

How is that a horrible take? Would be a much better get than neon Deion. Problem is we aren’t going get Aranda and not going to even look at Sanders.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Hopefully Trev has a great handle on all of this. 

im gonna trust that he’s reaching out to all the right people for references, checking style of play, watching what Mickey is doing, and doing the hard work behind the scenes.
He might be the most pivotal AD we’ve had in 15yrs + to get it right. I’m gonna trust he’s doing his due diligence. 

• Plus1 2