Who should our next HC be?

10 hours ago, Red Five said:

Before y'all spam the board with rando's tweets, take 10 seconds to look at the twitter account and think to yourself "is this fake or real?"

It's no wonder this country is in the shape its in when a good chunk of the population believes whatever random s#!t they see in the internets.

I heard that up to 80% of twitter accounts are fake. That might be fake too, but that's what I heard.

7 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

"On another note - was I right about..."

"Trust me - I live in South Louisiana and I'm very familiar with MJ."

"This is exactly why I said..."

"Which is exactly why I said in the very beginning that ..."

"It has nothing to do with "validation" -- it has to do with the point that I called for it, literally minutes before it happened."

"I made the call last night right before he came in the game and started making plays. Why is it so hard for some of you to give props to fellow Husker fans?"

"Nothing new. I said the same thing back when Riley was hired and people laughed and told me what a great hire he was and how I was in denial and how his past players all loved him and how he'd excel with all of our extra resources."

"and again I was laughed at and told I was in denial"

"Some of the same folks who told me in I was in denial last year when I said...  are now in here saying the exact same things I was saying then."

"I said from the start we need a..."

"I’ve been ridiculed from the beginning for saying we need a ..."

No need to pretend that your clownish main character syndrome isn't readily on display for everyone to see.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
7 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

"On another note - was I right about..."

"Trust me - I live in South Louisiana and I'm very familiar with MJ."

"This is exactly why I said..."

"Which is exactly why I said in the very beginning that ..."

"It has nothing to do with "validation" -- it has to do with the point that I called for it, literally minutes before it happened."

"I made the call last night right before he came in the game and started making plays. Why is it so hard for some of you to give props to fellow Husker fans?"

"Nothing new. I said the same thing back when Riley was hired and people laughed and told me what a great hire he was and how I was in denial and how his past players all loved him and how he'd excel with all of our extra resources."

"and again I was laughed at and told I was in denial"

"Some of the same folks who told me in I was in denial last year when I said...  are now in here saying the exact same things I was saying then."

"I said from the start we need a..."

"I’ve been ridiculed from the beginning for saying we need a ..."

No need to pretend that your clownish main character syndrome isn't readily on display for everyone to see.

I said "Runza fries are the best"........I'M KING OF THE WORLD!!!

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, M.A. said:

Callahan’s issue primarily was his defensive failures. He was too loyal to his buddy. The guy definitely fit the description of “grinder”. He spent considerable time in his office. Relating wasn’t his strong suit. Very good offensive line coach. Didn’t seem cut out to be a head coach though. 

It's odd you say that because the year before he was let go, that same defensive scheme basically led us the to the BigXII championship game and if I remember correctly, kept OU in check.   That season the offense was OK, but not good, the defense was good/great.   They lost a lot of people and the D was in a rebuild year instead of a reload year which we were so used to coming off of Frank and TO.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

40 minutes ago, sho said:

It's odd you say that because the year before he was let go, that same defensive scheme basically led us the to the BigXII championship game and if I remember correctly, kept OU in check.   That season the offense was OK, but not good, the defense was good/great.   They lost a lot of people and the D was in a rebuild year instead of a reload year which we were so used to coming off of Frank and TO.

It sounds like there might’ve been a lot more to it than coaching alone. That’s a relevant point. 

Honest 2 part question:

Part 1:

If 6-6 was the metric for Frost to hold on and return to his original contract is it considered safe to say that metric is also in play for MJ?

Part 2:

If MJ is bypassed and a new coach comes in, how soon would this fan base (meaning HB posters) expect a 6-6 metric to be measured?

(and wow, we've fallen so far now that a 6-6 record is a goal, that says something and it's not a "good" something)

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Honest 2 part question:

Part 1:

If 6-6 was the metric for Frost to hold on and return to his original contract is it considered safe to say that metric is also in play for MJ?

Part 2:

If MJ is bypassed and a new coach comes in, how soon would this fan base (meaning HB posters) expect a 6-6 metric to be measured?

(and wow, we've fallen so far now that a 6-6 record is a goal, that says something and it's not a "good" something)

I give the new coach a one year pass, and he better be in a bowl year 2.  This nonsense we let go with Frost having 4 losing seasons and getting a 5th is inexcusable.  Any coach worth his salt can get a team in a bowl in 2 years at a school with this much support.  No matter how the last coach left things, that's a bunch of baloney. That factors into not winning 9-10 games quickly, but not simply getting to a bowl when you play an FCS team every year and a lower tier G5 team also.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Honest 2 part question:

Part 1:

Part 2:

It sucks to say that out loud right!? This is a great question. I think first year anything goes but the baseline for year two would be 6-6 and above. 

6 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Part 1:

I didn't read it as 6-6 meant Frost was automatically going to be kept, 6-6 would just mean that he would go back to his original contract if retained.

7 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Part 2:

I think 6-6 is a bad season.  I guess I would give a new coach a pass in year 1, but I would be asking serious questions if a coach can't be better than 6-6 in year 2.  You can normally tell by year 2 if a coach has "it" or not.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, husker009 said:

Let me get this straight. According to some of the fans, Mickey going 6-6 means he should keep the job? So a .500 record with this cupcake schedule is now good enough for NU football? How the mighty have fallen. Hopefully Trev doesn’t have such low standards.

We all know you are the color guard for standard and that standard is anti MJ but you chose to ignore truths too. Many on here look at how the players have responded to coach MJ's leadership and believe as I do, that had MJ been the head coach from the season's start the record would be much improved. In believing that and knowing what lies ahead I also believe had MJ been the HC from the start of the season (which mind you, would be his first year as HC) the team would likely be playing for 8 wins. So, I refer back to part 2 of my earlier question as evidence of and proof for fans to reasonably be excited about MJ. There will be a few haters (You obviously fit in here) but by a large amount most fans would feel excited and hopeful. MJ has done a fabulous job since being handed the reigns in a tumultuous situation. Hence the reason I think Trev has a very difficult decision ahead. I truly believe if MJ wins 5 games total while reflecting back on the NW and GS losses that a speculation exists MJ would have won as HC then and well.... simply stated, the program could and has done much worse then MJ in choosing previous HC's.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
6 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

We all know you are the color guard for standard and that standard is anti MJ but you chose to ignore truths too. Many on here look at how the players have responded to coach MJ's leadership and believe as I do, that had MJ been the head coach from the season's start the record would be much improved. In believing that and knowing what lies ahead I also believe had MJ been the HC from the start of the season (which mind you, would be his first year as HC) the team would likely be playing for 8 wins. So, I refer back to part 2 of my earlier question as evidence of and proof for fans to reasonably be excited about MJ. There will be a few haters (You obviously fit in here) but by a large amount most fans would feel excited and hopeful. MJ has done a fabulous job since being handed the reigns in a tumultuous situation. Hence the reason I think Trev has a very difficult decision ahead. I truly believe if MJ wins 5 games total while reflecting back on the NW and GS losses that a speculation exists MJ would have won as HC then and well.... simply stated, the program could and has done much worse then MJ in choosing previous HC's.  

If Mickey weren’t a player from the 90s, his support would decrease exponentially. A good chunk of the fans can’t let go of the 90s, as seen with Frost getting over 4 years despite never reaching a bowl game.

1 minute ago, husker009 said:

If Mickey weren’t a player from the 90s, his support would decrease exponentially. A good chunk of the fans can’t let go of the 90s, as seen with Frost getting over 4 years despite never reaching a bowl game.

Umm... I personally am excited at the prospect of MJ being our next head coach and him being a former player is way down the list:

1. It's obvious that both player's and coach's tend to gravitate to him.

2. He's forthright with his beliefs and answers

3. He's a highly experienced coach with an awesome family of experienced members to lean on.

4. He's shown he can and will make tough decisions.

5. He's engaging both to the media and the fanbase but most importantly, to the young men that enter his office.

6. He's one of the best recruiters we've had since TO's time.

7. He's tough both mentally and physically. 

8. He isn't afraid to speak the truth, to put forth a plan and hold everyone (including himself) accountable to it.

9. He is a minority coach and that, here at Nebraska especially, is important because he is the first!

10. He's a former player that understands a winning culture. 

Now.. tell me again why "I" like MJ?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1