Who should our next HC be?

13 hours ago, Mavric said:

I mean .... technically whoever we get is because we couldn't get anyone better.

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

not if the person we get is the best option :thumbs

did you know, if you hire the best option it means you couldnt get anyone better.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

3 hours ago, Loebarth said:

Can we go back in time, clone our 1984 coaching staff (so their younger) and return with the younger versions to take over the program again? I'd take that over any other possible solution :P

I'd be happy with Dr. Tom not forcing Coach Pelini to take Watson and Gilmore. Might have had a functional offense to go with an all-time defense in '09 and changed the trajectory of the program.

4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I’d be very happy with the LaneTrain and I don’t think Chadwell is that big of a drop as some are picturing. Yes he is G5 now but so were many of the other options prior to their current gig— plus he brings a different style of play to the conference that would set us apart. Yes I prefer good current P5 experience but I don’t think Chadwell would be a big letdown. He would be much more experienced tan Frost was when he took the job

Another wild thought: what about Coach O taking the job.  With the Coleman commitment I b

wonder if there is a chance of MJ reuniting wt Coach O and bringing that LSU success up north  Also including Busch from that coaching staff 

You don't want Coach O as head coach. Trust me on this. As a coordinator maybe, but not head coach.

I’ll be the first to say that I really didn’t know a lot about Bill O’Brien’s career before I read this. But I now think he would be a hell of a “get”. If he keeps MJ (and Applewhite, & possibly O’Brien in some position) he would be my new #1.

It’s only a BONUS that he looks like he could be Bob Devaney’s grandson. :D

• Oh Yeah! 2
1 hour ago, desertshox said:

did you know, if you hire the best option it means you couldnt get anyone better.

Or what was thought to be the best option at the time by the person doing the hiring which might or might not be what others considers is. 

• TBH 1