Who should our next HC be?

3 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Meyer - Not interested

Aranda - Will not leave Baylor because of family

Peterson - Will not leave the NW because of family

Whittingham - Might listen but doubt he leaves Utah

B Stoops - Not going to coach again unless at a couple specific schools

Has anyone heard Meyer say he’s not interested??  
He has said some good things about Nebraska lately. 
Has he been asked by news guys if he’d be i

n?

55 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You guys are crapping on Leipold when his Kansas team would whip the sh$& out of us if we played on Saturday.  We have the finest arm chair quarterbacks in college football round here.

We need to be respectable again, and compete for the division.  Leipold would do that quickly. We will NEVER win a national championship again. NEVER. Get that through your skulls and get some realistic expectations.  You'll be much more satisfied in life.

Never? And Leipold is the answer? Lol. K.

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

Looking like it's Campbell or Nebraska head coach Joseph so far.  :lol:

I’m not ready to write MJ off just yet like some others but Matt Campbell would be able to coach up these players and develop them. This is what we need. People forget TO had some good assistants who he wanted paid well. It was important to him that they got paid well. We need this again. Quality assistants that are proven.

Campbell may be the kinda guy who makes 5 million and you say........Hey Matt, well pay you 7, and hes like  nah man i dotn know what to do with the other 4 million ive already got.  Plus they treat me like a god in ames, you will treat me like another piece of trash.  Matt doesnt strike me as the next guy whos always striving to be the best and keep moving up and up in coaching.  He does have a young family and funny as it sounds, ames is a nice town so if those are his priorties he should be happy where hes at.  and stoops at kentucky is the same thing.  Hes a god there now, brought back that dead football program, why would he want to start over.  After a while if you got 15 million dollars and your a average person how much more do you need.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I didn't say he was going to come here I said Nebraska should aim for a coach like him. He is a established head coach who has Utah ranked in the top 25. It hurts not to try to go get someone like him.

Curious who some guys ‘like’ Kyle Whittingham are

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Kids go play for coaches that are winners. I talked about it earlier that its going to take a coach and a great coaching staff to be great recruiters bc top tier talent matters. You have to have both in order to succeed. Nebraska hasn't had great recruiters or great developers so that has definitely hurt us.

Nebraska has consistently been top 20 in recruiting rankings during frost’s tenure. Retention and development have been issues. Selling the program nationally to recruits hasn’t been an issue. 

• Plus1 3