Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, TonkaSker said:

Nothing about Kingsbury makes me believe he’s cut out to be a HC. OC? sure. 

On Rhule, guy is 5-16 in one-possession games since the start of 2020. Seems like he needs a year at the Saban Coaching academy to get his juice back. 

I think Rhule might be like Callahan....fish out of water here. I like the idea of Aranda and Joseph coaching together.

24 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

And that brings you reason for hope that he is a good enough coach to coach here???

Wake up. 'Here' isn't what it used to be.  It's not a coveted job, and based on recent performance,  Bozo the Clown is good enough to coach 'here.' Obviously some people forget the mistake Petersen and the Husker Nation made when they thought coaches would be lining up to take Solich's place - throwing out names like Bill Parcels and Steve Mariucci.  Then a guy named Houston Nutt turned them down.   Best bet is to take a chance on a rising sleeper Liepold.  And be glad to get him.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, skeener said:

Wake up. 'Here' isn't what it used to be.  It's not a coveted job, and based on recent performance,  Bozo the Clown is good enough to coach 'here.' Obviously some people forget the mistake Petersen and the Husker Nation made when they thought coaches would be lining up to take Solich's place - throwing out names like Bill Parcels and Steve Mariucci.  Then a guy named Houston Nutt turned them down.   Best bet is to take a chance on a young upcomer like Liepold.  And be glad to get him.

Damn Straight !!

Leipold and Campbell might be the only two who even want this job, so don't

4 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Leipold? You can't be serious. I'd just stick with Joseph and get a good DC in that case.

Leipold and Campbell might be the only two dudes who would consider this job.  With having stated that, I would stick with Mickey for 3 years as well.  I think that Leipold is a really good coach with a good stafff.  I think that Campbell can coach up and develop players as well.  But these two names are not home run hires.  This hire has to be a home run or otherwise stick with Mickey.  We can't have a hire that only half of the fanbase gets behind.  We have seen that with Riley and Callahan.  3 and 4 years of nothing but discontent among the fanbase is not good either.  I think those two would do really well here, but like I said, if not wanted by a majority of the fanbase makes things hard.  First time said coach lose's a game, others will want him fired.  Our next coach has a tremendous job to do here.  Recruiting, and reselling this brand won't be an easy gig for anyone.  But in short, if you can't see what those two guys have done with programs that have way less in the means of football resources, then we shouldn't hire them for this job. 

1 minute ago, skeener said:

Wake up. 'Here' isn't what it used to be.  It's not a coveted job, and based on recent performance,  Bozo the Clown is good enough to coach 'here.' Obviously some people forget the mistake Petersen and the Husker Nation made when they thought coaches would be lining up to take Solich's place - throwing out names like Bill Parcels and Steve Mariucci.  Then a guy named Houston Nutt turned them down.   Best bet is to take a chance on a young upcomer like Liepold.  And be glad to get him.

He isn't a up and comer he is a 58 year coach and we know Nebraska isn't what they used to be but Nebraska can go get a great coach with great assistants and make us great again. 

5 hours ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Then you need to do your homework more. He did a phenomenal job turning Baylor around in the wake of the whole Art Briles rape debacle. And did it with all the things you listed that you think we need. Yeah  And I put very little stock in his NFL performance. Saban and Urban failed in the NFL too.

I think Campbell is a better coach. Has gotten better players in the NFL than Rhule. Has more quality wins. Did Rhule and Baylor ever beat #3 Oklahoma? No. Rhule is 47-43 in his career as a coach. He also coached Baylor to a 1-11 record. You willing to see that at Nebraska? No way he is even in Trev’ top 5.

• Fire 2