Who should our next HC be?

10 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

New name im going to throw out Pete Carroll :P Unrealistic hire but we have a chance till we don't have a chance

thats the guy that ran, not walked, ran out the back door of USC to escape sanctions.  went to the nfl and everyone hates him.  besides, he wears kakki's and yells "woooo".

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

There is so much wrong with this program right now….and talent level is down the list a bit. With some of the effort we saw on the field on Saturday, there is a severe attitude problem.  We need a coach that knows how to fix that first.  If that doesn’t get fixed, we will have the same crap.  

Urban has us winning the Big Ten West by Year 2.

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yep Coordinators too. Chadwell was my first thought on an example of a guy that couldn't say no if we called. 

Norvell and Napier have made the move to P5 conferences.  Napier is 4-4 overall and 1-4 in the SEC.  Norvell year 3 is 5-3 (3-3) in conference.  Neither one as bad as NU.  UF had the one 6-7 season and Dan was sent packing.  

I'm a fan of his scheme.  I think he could have some success in the B1G.  Don't want him to bring his whole crew, would love a solid DC that knows the B1G to be hired.  I would assume that is a question Trev will have for any prospect currently coaching in regards to their plans for filling out staff positions.  

6 minutes ago, admo said:

You are so right because I am sick of the hype vids the Husker media puts out with the players during the offseason and during spring and summer and fall camp. 

Like they be Alabama and this be the place to be.  NU just keeps pumping up the players stock, and it sucks in the fans :hmmph  Every dang year.  Every year it's the same thing, the same message.... Welcome to the good life.. 

I'm over it.

My favorite part of the hype videos now is that there pulling spectacular plays out of games we lose.  They did that one with oklahoma, who are you hyping up with that crap.  Yourselves, get over yourselves, you want hype, win a god dam game.  Beat the teams you should, play with passion and fire.  Keep your dam heads up, just because the general goes down next man up mentality.  We spend so much time trying to prove to ourselves that we are Nebraska but NONE of them even know what that means.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

16 minutes ago, admo said:

I'm over it.

People should've been over those hype videos a decade ago.

Every program with above average resources has a marketing dept. that pumps out hype videos, but we all truly know they don't really matter. Good teams find ways to stay good, and bad teams will just continue being bad.

It's high time more of the fan base started to act like they actually cared about winning during the season vs. the off-season. Hell, half of this thread is a select group of people trying to convince the rest of us that one particular coach's media clout is seemingly more valuable than several coaches who have quantifiable, tangible, and successful FBS coordinating/head coaching experience.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Do you like that he has only coached in South Carolina his entire career?

That is a concern as he has not been "exposed" to different conferences or schemes 1st hand.  Only through coaching.  He has done well at all of his stops save one year at Delta State.  That's why I think he'd need a legit DC.  BUT, I often wonder would he come here to be the OC/Asst HC and run his O with a more seasoned HC and DC.  Willy Korn, his "Co-OC" and QB coach has been with him since his days at Charleston Southern.  It's Chadwell's O, but as a HC in the B1G, could he do both?  Would he bring Korn as his OC.  Those are questions, I'd probably ask.  As to his SC ties, he left Charleston Southern to go to Coastal as the OC under Moglia who was at NU with Pelini for a year or 2 IIRC.  If I was Trev, I'd like answers as to how he overcomes that or what he has seen in the B1G that thinks his scheme can work and where he sees NU has faltered.

1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

My favorite part of the hype videos now is that there pulling spectacular plays out of games we lose.  They did that one with oklahoma, who are you hyping up with that crap.  Yourselves, get over yourselves, you want hype, win a god dam game.  Beat the teams you should, play with passion and fire.  Keep your dam heads up, just because the general goes down next man up mentality.  We spend so much time trying to prove to ourselves that we are Nebraska but NONE of them even know what that means.

It's all about keeping the bright lights shining on Nebraska.....  meaning, we are exactly like the Dallas Cowboys. 

Half the country loves us, Half the country hates us and laughs.  But every year both team coaches, players, fan bases and media expect us to play for Championships.  Well, what have you done recently to get there ?

The 1990's was so long ago.  Time to start from scratch.  Burn it down and rebuild.  Maybe keep Mickey around in some aspect, I don't know.  

Nebraska Huskers, Dallas Cowboys.  Same thing.  

1 minute ago, admo said:

It's all about keeping the bright lights shining on Nebraska.....  meaning, we are exactly like the Dallas Cowboys. 

Half the country loves us, Half the country hates us and laughs.  But every year both team coaches, players, fan bases and media expect us to play for Championships.  Well, what have you done recently to get there ?

The 1990's was so long ago.  Time to start from scratch.  Burn it down and rebuild.  Maybe keep Mickey around in some aspect, I don't know.  

I love my Cowboys.  I just want one more Super Bowl before I die.  Much like my Huskers, I was spoiled with the run in the 80's and 90's of both teams...In 1995, Huskers, Cowboys and Braves.....Great year to be a fan.  I also remember the horrible 1-15 season that ironically started one of the greatest runs in the NFL at that time.  Maybe we are due....

10 minutes ago, admo said:

We wish we were as relevant as the Dallas Cowboys. I don't think half the country loves us or hates us, I think most of the country doesn't even think about us.

Just now, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

We wish we were as relevant as the Dallas Cowboys. I don't think half the country loves us or hates us, I think most of the country doesn't even think about us.

I now know how the rest if the college football world felt in the 90's with the Huskers playing for the NC or right in the mix as I can't stand Bama....