Who should our next HC be?

8 minutes ago, admo said:

It's all about keeping the bright lights shining on Nebraska.....  meaning, we are exactly like the Dallas Cowboys. 

Half the country loves us, Half the country hates us and laughs.  But every year both team coaches, players, fan bases and media expect us to play for Championships.  Well, what have you done recently to get there ?

The 1990's was so long ago.  Time to start from scratch.  Burn it down and rebuild.  Maybe keep Mickey around in some aspect, I don't know.  

Nebraska Huskers, Dallas Cowboys.  Same thing.  

I think a lot of us who want Urban Meyer, Dieon Sanders, Lane Kiffin want those splash hires because we want an immediate turn around.  And those 3 names could net the quickest results (Potentially).  Another coach could get us there to but weve been waiting around for so long that we get desperate and will tell ourselves anything to get to where we want to be.  Hell Matt Campbell could be the next coming of Christ but we wouldn't give it the chance because of the results we see on the field.  And its somewhat foolish of us to expect coaches to leave winning programs.  Hell if its a true tear down then time to tear down the end zone bleachers and do this thing right.  Have you seen Tennessee stadium.  Just Awesome, no reason why we couldn't do that

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I think a lot of us who want Urban Meyer, Dieon Sanders, Lane Kiffin want those splash hires because we want an immediate turn around.  And those 3 names could net the quickest results (Potentially).  Another coach could get us there to but weve been waiting around for so long that we get desperate and will tell ourselves anything to get to where we want to be.  Hell Matt Campbell could be the next coming of Christ but we wouldn't give it the chance because of the results we see on the field.  And its somewhat foolish of us to expect coaches to leave winning programs.  Hell if its a true tear down then time to tear down the end zone bleachers and do this thing right.  Have you seen Tennessee stadium.  Just Awesome, no reason why we couldn't do that

Speaking of UT, Mike Ekeler is their LB coach and still appears to be as crazy and energetic as he was here.  Maybe he'd come home in some capacity.........

1 hour ago, The Whale said:

My gut says it's hungry, but beyond that I believe we have a realistic shot at getting Urban. As a matter of fact, I'd guess he's the leading contender at this point (and that's assuming Trev hasn't already offered it to him and he accepted).

The chances of us landing Urb are slim and none, and slim just left town

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, The Whale said:

My gut says it's hungry, but beyond that I believe we have a realistic shot at getting Urban. As a matter of fact, I'd guess he's the leading contender at this point (and that's assuming Trev hasn't already offered it to him and he accepted).

I'm guessing your use of "as a matter of fact" is more colloquial in nature than actually factual, correct? Because there's no factual evidence I'm aware of to suggest he's the leading contender.

I'm also curious what makes you think Nebraska has a realistic shot at attracting Urban and why Urban would want to coach at Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, admo said:

It's all about keeping the bright lights shining on Nebraska.....  meaning, we are exactly like the Dallas Cowboys. 

Half the country loves us, Half the country hates us and laughs.  But every year both team coaches, players, fan bases and media expect us to play for Championships.  Well, what have you done recently to get there ?

The 1990's was so long ago.  Time to start from scratch.  Burn it down and rebuild.  Maybe keep Mickey around in some aspect, I don't know.  

Nebraska Huskers, Dallas Cowboys.  Same thing.  

Yer delusional.  At least 7/8 of the country hates the Dallas cowboys.  The other 1/8 like the cheerleaders.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

Let's revamp the whole Husker program. How about a rising star currently coaching in the NFL, someone like a young Sean McVay type.  Keep Mickey as wide receivers and Associate Head Coach and his recruiting prowess.  Offensive and defensive line coaches have to be the best. Spend as much money as necessary.

9 hours ago, Bigred_inSD said:

What about Paige Dimakos?  By far more knowledgeable than Frost,  gets the culture,  has a  brand.

A+ for throwing out a name that caught me completely off guard this morning. I haven’t thought about her in a long time, but of all my college friends, she’s probably the best equipped. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Enhance said:

A+ for throwing out a name that caught me completely off guard this morning. I haven’t thought about her in a long time, but of all my college friends, she’s probably the best equipped. 

She’s very professional. A chief of staff perhaps?