Who should our next HC be?

Just now, Dr. Strangelove said:

I guess sell me on it.

At Auburn you can recruit a top 10 class and still be 4th best in your division, you play Georgia every year, the administration is a joke and the fans are unreasonable even compared to Nebraska fans. 

You also have an administration and boosters who will actively and publicly undermine you in order to get you fired. Auburn is a terrible place to coach. 

Um Auburn has actually been relevant and won a national championship in recent memory? They're in the premier conference in college football and in a hotbed of recruiting talent? Come on bro. It's not even close right now

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
30 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I genuinely think the Nebraska job is considerably better than the Auburn job. 

Like it's not even close. It's an absolute clownshow down there.

Yea they fired a coach that had went 68-35 with multiple conference championship game appearances.  Oh wait.....

18 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Um Auburn has actually been relevant and won a national championship in recent memory? They're in the premier conference in college football and in a hotbed of recruiting talent? Come on bro. It's not even close right now

Eh, it's not that hard to imagine a coach who would prefer to live in Lincoln over Auburn, might prefer the Big 10 over the SEC, and wouldn't relish competing with neighboring U of Alabama for everything all the time.  Some might even say the combination of facilities, support and expectations favors Nebraska at the moment. 

Auburn likely has an edge on Lane Kiffin, but it's not as far apart as some might think. 

• Plus1 1

Who do you all believe now who Trev will hire?  NOT who you want Trev to hire but based on what we know now - who do you THINK TREV WILL HIRE??

My bet: Bill O'Brien.  He isn't my first choice.  But I wouldn't be disappointed.  

Why - he could bring in quality DC/OC and he will be a developer/grinder but not the 'splash hire'.  He's gone through the Saban school and has previous P5 experience and a connection to the NFL that recruits will appreciate. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Who do you all believe now who Trev will hire?  NOT who you want Trev to hire but based on what we know now - who do you THINK TREV WILL HIRE??

My bet: Bill O'Brien.  He isn't my first choice.  But I wouldn't be disappointed.  

Why - he could bring in quality DC/OC and he will be a developer/grinder but not the 'splash hire'.  He's gone through the Saban school and has previous P5 experience and a connection to the NFL that recruits will appreciate. 

Yeah but BOB would be outta here as soon as the NFL calls.

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Mark Stoops or Dave Aranda 

7 minutes ago, Axl_sued_me said:

Yeah but BOB would be outta here as soon as the NFL calls.

I wonder now if that would be the case.  He's tasted the ugliness of the NFL and Saban has coached him up on college ball. 

3 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Mark Stoops or Dave Aranda 

I can see Aranda but I have a hard time seeing Stoops moving - he is king of the hill at Ky. 

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

I wonder now if that would be the case.  He's tasted the ugliness of the NFL and Saban has coached him up on college ball. 

If pay is close to the same, why would you choose CFB over the NFL?  With the portal now, you have to be recruiting your own roster at all times in addition to high school recruiting.  In the pros, once you sign them their yours for X years or until you don't want them anymore.

• TBH 1

16 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

BoB is not my first choice but I think he is part of a group of coaches that we could get that could have a team that wins with multiple types of QBs. I feel like for too long we have had systems here that puts everything on the QB and really needs an exact type of QB to win and we just don't have the recruiting of the super elite schools where we can be picky like that. 

• Fire 2
1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You are my neighbor, with football here in the south, so I get you.  Unfortunately, Nebraskans just don't want to understand.

Auburn's rival is Alabama (The Iron Bowl).  Been toe to toe over the years.

Huskers get to play Iowa - and that's their rival. 

It's a big difference and any recruit will tell you the same.

Auburn is the better job and I hope Prime goes there.  If not, I hope he rescues Georgia Tech.

6 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

BoB is not my first choice but I think he is part of a group of coaches that we could get that could have a team that wins with multiple types of QBs. I feel like for too long we have had systems here that puts everything on the QB and really needs an exact type of QB to win and we just don't have the recruiting of the super elite schools where we can be picky like that. 

I do agree on your QB angle. 

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If pay is close to the same, why would you choose CFB over the NFL?  With the portal now, you have to be recruiting your own roster at all times in addition to high school recruiting.  In the pros, once you sign them their yours for X years or until you don't want them anymore.

I agree. I don't want to speak for BOB, but there are a lot of NFL coaches who hate the recruiting side of college football.

And I don't blame them. I have simmed that crap almost anytime I've ever played dynasty mode in NCAA football.