Who should our next HC be?

I truly believe that the Regents "convened" (not officially met) to give TA the ok to pull the trigger on the hire.  If we would have won Saturday, I believe the "interim" tag would have been pulled on Sunday. Trev wants this to happen after a win, and I believe that most inside the department felt like we were going to 'upset' the Gophers.  This is why MJ sounded especially dejected Saturday.  

• Haha 1

Just now, HANC said:

I truly believe that the Regents "convened" (not officially met) to give TA the ok to pull the trigger on the hire.  If we would have won Saturday, I believe the "interim" tag would have been pulled on Sunday. Trev wants this to happen after a win, and I believe that most inside the department felt like we were going to 'upset' the Gophers.  This is why MJ sounded especially dejected Saturday.  

Well, hate to tell them but there are no more wins on the schedule this year.  What is plan B?

I get the feeling you are right though.  They will have to scramble if that was indeed the plan, and I just feel like this is being bungled yet again.  No hard data, just feel it in my bones. 

2 minutes ago, HANC said:

Banking on something without a guarantee like that does not at all match up with Trev's personality.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Banking on something without a guarantee like that does not at all match up with Trev's personality.

I don't think that MJ has to win another game...... he sure does in the fan's eyes, but Trev is smart enough to not necessarily gauge MJ on W-L when he inherited a mess.  He may be looking to see how he held the team together, the vibe of the guys, recruiting.... this is also the sentiment of some local talking heads.  I think TA just wanted to make it official after a win, so the fan base would be on a "high"... just a thought.

At this point TA probably has his guy, not looking any longer

• Plus1 2

23 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Well, hate to tell them but there are no more wins on the schedule this year.  What is plan B?

I get the feeling you are right though.  They will have to scramble if that was indeed the plan, and I just feel like this is being bungled yet again.  No hard data, just feel it in my bones. 

Yes, I don't believe that there are any more wins to be had either.....which, forces TA to announce after a loss or two.... or at the end of the season after a losing streak, which will in turn raise a lot of questions and a divided fan base.  

14 minutes ago, HANC said:

Yes, I don't believe that there are any more wins to be had either.....which, forces TA to announce after a loss or two.... or at the end of the season after a losing streak, which will in turn raise a lot of questions and a divided fan base.  

Announcing Mickey would do that anyway...timing has nothing to do with it.

• TBH 1
4 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Announcing Mickey would do that anyway...timing has nothing to do with it.

Absolutely agree with you, just a bit easier to swallow after a win..... I am not saying this is what I want, but it is my theory