Chinander fired

GSG

49 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

For those upset about chins being let go right now,  what do you possibly see getting worse?  Our defense is about as bad as it gets.   It looks like an average game of backyard football.   No organization,  massively missed assignments,  easily fooled, and just plain bad tackling.  On top of all that,  chins was Scott's buddy.   Pretty hard for him to focus after Frost was let go imo... another dead man walking scenario that had to be addressed now.  

I am optimistic that the change in leadership leads to some positives.   

The bolded part is where we differ. Firing Chins is fine - but there's no reason to think anything is getting better just because we fired him. It's a repeat of what happened last week when people thought firing Frost and making Mickey Joseph the interim HC was going to help us beat Oklahoma - it didn't.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

I'm hearing that all the sports writers who hated Pelini had a love affair going on with Chinander. Fire the sports writers, bring back Bo 'Hair of the Dog' Pelini.

Why do they have a love affair with EC? What has he done???? The sports writers suck anywayz

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

This is hilarious. Some of the same folks who told me in I was in denial last year when I said I still wasn't convinced about Chins are now in here saying the exact same things I was saying then. :lol:

:worship

2 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

We are 4 games into a 12 game season,  we had a chance to pull something together and maybe win a few more games.  Now im almost sure we wont win another game the rest of the season.  

All because chinander got fired?  Did you see the defense?  They need more talent. But, the majority of these problems is scheme. If he was unwilling to change what he was calling….see ya. 

We weren’t going to win any games anyway. 

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

All because chinander got fired?  Did you see the defense?  They need more talent. But, the majority of these problems is scheme. If he was unwilling to change what he was calling….see ya. 

We weren’t going to win any games anyway. 

So your saying that the team is going to learn a brand new scheme in 2 weeks

Just now, Stone Cold said:

So your saying that the team is going to learn a brand new scheme in 2 weeks

You can call a different defense in a game without learning a whole new scheme. It’s been pointed out by a lot of people that he has two high safeties way too much and teams exploit it.  I’m sure they practice one high safety at times.  Use it. 

12 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The bolded part is where we differ. Firing Chins is fine - but there's no reason to think anything is getting better just because we fired him. It's a repeat of what happened last week when people thought firing Frost and making Mickey Joseph the interim HC was going to help us beat Oklahoma - it didn't.

Mickey wouldn’t have made the decision if not for good reason. It’s difficult to make much of an impact in less than a week and begin to make a dent to the issues that have been brewing over the coarse of the last 4+ years.