New Head Coaching Staff Selections (Coordinators)

It does occur to me that when you are asked to envision, approach and get commitments for an entire coaching staff within a few weeks of an active football season, it's not all going to fall in place as planned.

Meaning some of these coaches are stop-gap choices. If Rhule is doing an 8 year overhaul, it's understood that some of these guys will leave or be replaced within a season or two. 

As loyal Nebraska fans, we are all united in our disgust of the Offensive Line play, so sticking with Raiola feels like a kneecapping. I'm not entirely sure Rhule knows what he's doing here but I don't think Raiola will be given more than one season without significant improvement. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It does occur to me that when you are asked to envision, approach and get commitments for an entire coaching staff within a few weeks of an active football season, it's not all going to fall in place as planned.

Meaning some of these coaches are stop-gap choices. If Rhule is doing an 8 year overhaul, it's understood that some of these guys will leave or be replaced within a season or two. 

As loyal Nebraska fans, we are all united in our disgust of the Offensive Line play, so sticking with Raiola feels like a kneecapping. I'm not entirely sure Rhule knows what he's doing here but I don't think Raiola will be given more than one season without significant improvement. 

Yah, I am sure Rhule doesn't have a clue what he is doing.............I can't find an emoji with a big enough eye roll, so I will just leave it at that..............

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 4
9 minutes ago, Bugeaters said:

Yah, I am sure Rhule doesn't have a clue what he is doing.............I can't find an emoji with a big enough eye roll, so I will just leave it at that..............

Yah, I think the bulk of my post suggests Rhule knows what he's doing, even if he's not landing the big sexy hires some folks want, but if there was a single position that demanded the biggest change from the fabase, it was OL coach.  Seems like this remains a bit of a mystery even for us Rhule fans.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm sure he is.  I would be absolutely shocked if they could work something out and, I'm not even saying I'm for it at this point.

But, it's odd that WR coach hasn't been discussed at all.

I think the plan was to retain Joseph.   Then he fudged up and left them scrambling.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It really surprises me that we haven't heard anything on the WR coach position.  It makes me wonder if they are trying to figure out if there is a way they can keep Joseph.  Maybe let the legal proceedings go far enough that they can make a better decision on the situation.

Very few parents would be inclined to agree to their son being recruited by a person that potentially strangled his wife and punched her in the temple with a closed fist.

It’s too much of a risk. And too long of a wait for him to be cleared if the accusations aren’t true. The program needs to move on. 

Probably in the best interest of the Joseph family as well.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It really surprises me that we haven't heard anything on the WR coach position.  It makes me wonder if they are trying to figure out if there is a way they can keep Joseph.  Maybe let the legal proceedings go far enough that they can make a better decision on the situation.

This has crossed my mind but I can’t see how they could make it work. It just doesn’t.