** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

8 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Hot damn, have some faith and confidence ppl. Pumped what Deion did today, now we have an even bigger stage and opportunity to seize next week.

That TCU game looked exactly like a sonny dykes cal game- zero defense, baffling string of plays and sloppy as hell.  It’s imperative we establish the run game early and often. Defensively we’ll have our hands full but our secondary is the strength of our defense, let’s f’n back that up l.

Are you really that confident.

That OC hire was a major win for Deion. I think coaching hires was my biggest question mark for him and he hit that one out of the park.

Still think we can win, and even cover the original line. CU is going to struggle with big TEs and good running games all year and I think our defense is better than TCU’s. But this is going to be a real road test.

It looked like they were going to hire Bronco Mendenhall - which would have been a better hire than they deserved and I think we would have beat them by 35+. They somehow hired the one guy capable of a massive roster flip like this to turn a sure fire win into question.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Are you really that confident.

Lol I’m a little more apprehensive  about Saturday after what I just saw but yeah man I think we can f’n take this game.  Don’t get me wrong, if Sims has some inexcusable turnovers again it could get ugly fast. 

that being said, tcu completely abandoned the run multiple times today when it was working and well. CU front way less impressive than minny- I have confidence we’ll be able to lean on em and wear them down easier than minnys front 

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1
34 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I think we just go two TE’s, fullback, multiple RB’s to keep fresh, run the QB, control the clock. Our QB and passing game is literally freshman vs big boy varsity stuff.  Colorado and TCU are so far ahead of what we are rolling out there.

All completely reasonable and logical, that’s why we will never do it. 

• TBH 2

5 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Lol I’m a little more apprehensive  about Saturday after what I just saw but yeah man I think we can f’n take this game.  Don’t get me wrong, if Sims has some inexcusable turnovers again it could get ugly fast. 

that being said, tcu completely abandoned the run multiple times today when it was working and well. CU front way less impressive than minny- I have confidence we’ll be able to lean on em and wear them down easier than minnys front 

And they can easily commit to the run game because we don’t have a Qb!! Look at the big picture we have to do our business within 10 yards and Hunter can cover any wide out we have. I have to see it to believe it and it looks like that won’t happen for a few more years