** 2023 Opponent Preview : Colorado (Game 2) **

TGHusker

1 minute ago, Toe said:

Here's a stat for you: Colorado had zero sacks & TFLs against TCU.

On the other hand, TCU had four sacks and seven TFLs. And I'm starting to feel like this may be the key to the game for us - can we get pressure on Sanders? I think our secondary is pretty good, but we still need something to keep their speed in check. We had trouble with that against Minnesota, but I don't think Colorado's O-line is as good as Minnesota's.

It's one game and still, nobody knows what either of these teams are like.  Maybe TCU's defense is absolutely horrible.  Maybe their O line is horrible.  

Obviously, in this game, both team's defenses struggled to keep the other team out of the endzone.

16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The reaction to the minny loss is because it should not have been a loss.  That is why people are freaking out.

Sims should go off rushing on Saturday.  

I look for NU to have 300 yards on the ground and 37 minutes of TOP.

CU won't be able to run at all on the front 3 for NU.

This is kind of where I'm at.  I wish Robinson didn't have to miss the first half.

• TBH 2
1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

This is kind of where I'm at.  I wish Robinson didn't have to miss the first half.

Yeah.  Him being out Min last drive killed us.  They had one of their longest runs right before they kicked the field goal.  If he's in I don't think that happens.  But other guys will get more reps now coaches know he won't be out there for a half 

2 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Yeah.  Him being out Min last drive killed us.  They had one of their longest runs right before they kicked the field goal.  If he's in I don't think that happens.  But other guys will get more reps now coaches know he won't be out there for a half 

I thought Princewell looked decent.  That facemask that Lenhart has was savage.  Obviously not the play we wanted, but man was it physical.

I think it’s fair to say “ hey this is a moral victory, everyone said we were going to lose this game and we almost won.” (Although if moral victories were worth anything we would be National Champions) 
I think it’s also fair to say “hey we werent supposed to win that game but any other team that was in a position to win as we were, would have found a way”

It is indeed the first game,  and under most circumstances a grace period for the team and new staff should be observed. This is not most circumstances. This was an unacceptable loss because it was business as usual for Husker football. Nothing the staff said they were going to iron out in the off-season came to fruition. 
Being sick and tired of what we saw on Thursday is NOT a knee jerk, the sky is falling reaction. This has been a slow steady half decade burn to the dumpster fire we just witnessed. 
So let’s stop with the gaslighting of fans who are fed up with the same ole turd sandwich. Nebraska (aside from the defense) has shown us nothing to justify us giving them time or the benefit of the doubt. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
12 hours ago, Mavric said:

Clemson has recruited enough talent to score 7 points on the team that has the #67 defense last year. And they got those seven on a drive that started at the Duke 18. 

That Clemson talent has sucked a$$ for a few years now, and they're about ready to run Dabo out of town.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Scofrosghost said:

So let’s stop with the gaslighting of fans who are fed up with the same ole turd sandwich. Nebraska (aside from the defense) has shown us nothing to justify us giving them time or the benefit of the doubt. 

If you are so fed up and mad at those of us who remain objective, why are you here?  What are you trying to solve?

Everyone here, except the undercover CU fans, were disappointed we didn't win that first game because it is one we should have won.  However, overreacting does nothing but cast a negative vibe on the rest of the season for no reason.    

Most fans here understood that a 6 or 7 win season would be a great step in the right direction.  That is still very possible.  Maybe we get there and maybe we don't but there is nothing wrong, imo, with being optimistic and calling out the people trying to bring the entire forum down to your negative levels.      

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
46 minutes ago, Scofrosghost said:

I think it’s fair to say “ hey this is a moral victory, everyone said we were going to lose this game and we almost won.” (Although if moral victories were worth anything we would be National Champions) 
I think it’s also fair to say “hey we werent supposed to win that game but any other team that was in a position to win as we were, would have found a way”

It is indeed the first game,  and under most circumstances a grace period for the team and new staff should be observed. This is not most circumstances. This was an unacceptable loss because it was business as usual for Husker football. Nothing the staff said they were going to iron out in the off-season came to fruition. 
Being sick and tired of what we saw on Thursday is NOT a knee jerk, the sky is falling reaction. This has been a slow steady half decade burn to the dumpster fire we just witnessed. 

So....the new staff is already firmly on the hot seat. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1