Credit where credits due

Huskinator

28 minutes ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

In the game thread I am sure there is talk about how the coaches will not make adjustments and they will give up 800+ yards. Well, they must have made some adjustments. Some people on here will never be happy and will always complain. The Huskers could win it all and some would find something to bitch about and suggest they should be fired.

Why can't we make adjustments during the game in the first half.  Seems to me we need to adjust to what the other team is doing.  I haven't seen this in a long time.

Oregon certainly helped matters by going ball control. They lost their flow and when they tried to get it sack our D stepped up which is a credit to the kids AND the staff. But Mav nailed it. The first half should not have happened. The adjustments took waaay to long to make and ultimately a poor game plan early on defense likely cost us this game. That and Tanner Lee getting possessed by Tommy Armstrong True Blood style in the second half

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Some people on here will never be happy and will always complain. The Huskers could win it all and some would find something to bitch about and suggest they should be fired.

The apologist's favorite straw man. We should be happy we lost the way we did. If you aren't happy after the loss you are a bad fan that wouldn't enjoy a championship because.... reasons. 

SMDH

• Plus1 4

That was a really nice rally in the second half. (Since we didnt have a game,  every ASU fan I know was pulling for Nebraska). The defense turned it up a notch, just too much to overcome. Autzen field is a tough venue and a long trip. Huskers should run off three wins in a row now. 4-1 will be pretty good in anyone's book. 

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, Spooky Tooth said:

The vagaries of the game.....

If anyone wants to claim that the score could have been worse, then they need to also admit that defensive adjustments made at halftime also worked. Oregon got 3 to 7 points for home field advantage. Let's remember that NU was in this game til the end. Sorry, but if you're gonna say that I've my head in the sand, I'll counter with you take absolute delight when NU struggles JUST to advance your agenda. Not the definition of a fan in my book.

There are so many piss ants who crawl out from under the cracks in the floor whenever the Huskers struggle.  Some still feel the need to prove they were right in their dislike for the Riley hire, while others just like to stir the pot. They can't see that adjustments were made at halftime because it doesn't fit their agenda.  All these armchair coaches who have obviously had glittering football careers as players and/or coaches at the highest levels.  Our kids played their hearts out and didn't do it on their own.

• Plus1 6
22 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

There are so many piss ants who crawl out from under the cracks in the floor whenever the Huskers struggle.  Some still feel the need to prove they were right in their dislike for the Riley hire, while others just like to stir the pot. They can't see that adjustments were made at halftime because it doesn't fit their agenda.  All these armchair coaches who have obviously had glittering football careers as players and/or coaches at the highest levels.  Our kids played their hearts out and didn't do it on their own.

Thank you!!!!  That's exactly how I feel.  The texts and posts i had directed at me during the game annoyed me.   Watching friends (who claim to be true husker fans) say they hope they bomb so we can move on to the next guy enrage me.   We are trending in the right direction rather people want to admit it or not.    This team is getting better day by day.   Rome wasn't built in a night.   Cutting a guy 3 years into it is suicide.  You may as well accept mediocrity if you think firing and moving on to he next guy is the answer.   The hot hand isn't always the best hand....  so damn annoyed. 

• Plus1 5

I must admit I am ashamed of myself, we left at half time.  Sick as a dog, and watching the pathetic effort of the first half did not help.   We heard the stadium erupt after the Nebraska scores.  Made the 2 mile walk a little better.

The place is loud, very loud, at least it was the first half.  And they use every opportunity, to take the wind out of the sails of the opponent it appeared.   They also played music and PA system until the instant the ball was snapped it seemed 

Tanner was staring down his receivers.

I feel quite sure that Mr. Knight is not happy with the crowd ratio. 

The stomp out Cancer uniform deal was quite kool.  The idea, the action and the uniforms were impressive.  I would rather see us do something like that than the throw back or what ever we call it uniform change. 

At almost a million dollars for a coordinator, it seems to take a long time to make adjustments.  I really have no idea how good Nebraska is or isn't.  Same thing for Oregon.   At the end of the first half, I felt they would drop another 21 on us though.

Congrats to the kids, they never quit. 

1 hour ago, Branno said:

The apologist's favorite straw man. We should be happy we lost the way we did. If you aren't happy after the loss you are a bad fan that wouldn't enjoy a championship because.... reasons. 

SMDH

If you think I am happy we lost you are sorely mistaken. The difference is that I am not calling for people to be fired. SMDH!

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

If you think I am happy we lost you are sorely mistaken. The difference is that I am not calling for people to be fired. SMDH!

I was responding to:

4 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

In the game thread I am sure there is talk about how the coaches will not make adjustments and they will give up 800+ yards. Well, they must have made some adjustments. Some people on here will never be happy and will always complain. The Huskers could win it all and some would find something to bitch about and suggest they should be fired.

There is nothing to be happy about after this loss. I am fed up with the staff and want them gone, you don't. We can agree to disagree. I Dont have a problem with disagreement. 

But your attitude is that fans that don't agree with you are bad fans. I might think people are wrong, but I never try to make myself look like a better fan. You do. 

I want coaches to be fired. You hate on other fans. That's the difference between you and me. 

Edited by Branno
Typo
  • Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, Branno said:

I was responding to:

There is nothing to be happy about after this loss. I am fed up with the staff and want them gone, you don't. We can agree to disagree. I Dont have a problem with disagreement. 

But your attitude is that fans that don't agree with you aren't bad fans. I might think people are wrong, but I never try to make myself look like a better fan. You do. 

I want coaches to be fired. You hate on other fans. That's the difference between you and me. 

So we fire Riley and finish the season .500 and then lose the bowl game.

In 2018 we have our new guy only to go 6-6 or probably 5-7 against a brutal schedule. That is banking on good players and recruits not leaving.

OR

We see how this season plays out. Lets see if we can improve in certain areas. Wait till B1G play where everyone is 0-0 in conference and see how this team and the defense does.

Continue to improve and get better,  anything can happen in the next 10 games and all of our tough ones are at home outside of Penn State who is beatable. 

But if you wanna call for the coaches head go right ahead it will fix nothing at this point. We still are paying Bo and the athletic department will be in deep waters paying loads of money to fired coaches, so just give it time and see how it goes. I know for a fact that Riley is here until the end of the 2019 season unless the wheels fall off completely during a season.

• Plus1 2