** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

On a side note I am so sick and tired of these headlines saying "Frost says talks with Nebraska are false" etc it takes what was said and makes it sound like he turned it down. That is completely out of context and lazy journalism 

I hear what you're saying and I understand the frustration as that is not the entirety of Frost's comment. However, the very best thing that can happen right now is for this, "Frost says talk with Nebraska are False" narrative to be the only thing anyone reports on the topic until Moos is ready to make a hiring announcement. 

If Frost to Nebraska is happening, and most believe it is, the less it is talked about in the media (including social) , the better. Nothing is going to happen before the UCF/USF game and if UCF wins that, it may not happen until after the conference championship game. Therefore, additional speculation only means that reporters will continue to hound Frost with questions. He doesn't want that and neither should we.

As for those that are concerned about UCF making the CFP,  you can stop worrying.  Assuming Alabama, Clemson, and Miami are already in, here's a list of the teams UCF would have to jump in order to make the CFP... Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Auburn, Georgia, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, USC and TCU. Wins over USF and Memphis will not vault UCF over all of these teams.

The two things that are most important in wrapping up the Frost to Nebraska deal are time (perhaps as much as 2 weeks) and patience. While Husker fans aren't typically known for being patient, this situation demands it.

My suggestion on how to spend time between now and then...

1 - Watch other football games. If it works for you, cheer against the teams you hate.

2 - Become a Husker volleyball fan (if you aren't already). They are on the verge of a second straight B1G championship.

3 - Pretend that Husker basketball is fun to watch. Ok, that will be tough.

4 - THIS IS A BIG ONE - Go to the Iowa game! You want to draw a positive contrast between Nebraska and everyone else? Put 90,000 butts in the seats to watch a 4-7 football team. No other fan base does that! Some undefeated teams can't fill stadiums half the size! Sorry UCF.

5 - Wish Mike Riley well. The guy was plucked out of a crappy situation at Oregon State and offered a dream job. Who can blame him for taking it? It was a bad fit from day one and a competent AD would have known that. Riley's .500 coaching style and player development skill leaves much to be desired, but he's a Class A human being and he's never badmouthed a single person. Let him leave with a positive impression of Nebraska.

6 - Have a Happy Thanksgiving.. As Husker fans, we will soon have a lot more to be thankful for!

• Plus1 8

1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I am ridiculous, the emotions I had while I read this word for word was very excited when I read Scott Frost as accepted a 15 year 75M contract - At this point I thought the next words were going to be Nebraska. Then I read coach at UCF - my stomach sank. Then I read the rest, and realized it was a joke.

You probably should have known it was a joke at 15 years.

59 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I think Frost would have the easiest job in uniting the fanbase and like I have said before he is our next HC. You can take it to the bank. However if a coach comes in and wins it does everything Scott could do. Scott will just be able to unite the fanbase by simply being Scott Frost. 

I'd even add to this.

The performance of Riley this last 3 years has made this an easier job than it was 5-10 years ago.  People are now looking for a team to be competitive, lose games close and tackle.  I also think part of the fan base wants to preserve the sellout streak.  It's no longer about national championships or conference championships.  Most reasonable fans would like to be in the hunt for the division at this point.

We are 20 years removed from a National title and and are close to a decade of irrelevance.  We are not even talked about on GameDay.   We get airplay because of the other teams highlights.

The expectations of most have been tempered.

• Plus1 2

Will we get this thread to 200 pages by the Iowa game? If we do Scott will see how much appreciation Husker nation has for him and he will come home. If not, who knows who the next coach will be, Tommy Frazier, Faux Pelini, heck even Joe Daily might take the job. We don't need those guys leading the program, we need SF to take us to new heights!

1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I'd even add to this.

The performance of Riley this last 3 years has made this an easier job than it was 5-10 years ago.  People are now looking for a team to be competitive, lose games close and tackle.  I also think part of the fan base wants to preserve the sellout streak.  It's no longer about national championships or conference championships.  Most reasonable fans would like to be in the hunt for the division at this point.

We are 20 years removed from a National title and and are close to a decade of irrelevance.  We are not even talked about on GameDay.   We get airplay because of the other teams highlights.

The expectations of most have been tempered.

I would modify that slightly. Our expectation is still conference titles and national titles. But we are smart enough to know where we current sit and the process to get back to that point. Like you said division titles etc. so I think we do still expect those things but we have to close the gap on what it takes and we know that doesn't happen in 1-2 years 

4 minutes ago, irafreak said:

Any possibility in ucf looking to promote the oc or DC should frost leave?

There was talk about promoting the DC earlier in the season, but that talk has died down as the defense has gotten less consistent. No one is talking about the possibility that Frost leaves and takes the staff with him. 

6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

If there is any year UCF could get in it is this year. Alot of chaos would have to go down, but at this point it's possible 

No one at UCF thinks we'll get in, even if everything bounces the right way. If we finish the season undefeated, it would be difficult for them to rationalize keeping us out next year. That's our only (slim) hope. 

I really don't believe weather plays much factor in these types of decisions. Urban Meyer is doing well in cold ass Ohio- pulling Florida kids. Jim harbaugh is recruiting fine with southern kids in cold ass Michigan, James Franklin is recruiting fine in cold ass Pennsylvania, throw Wisconsin in there to boot

1 minute ago, ATS Knight said:

There was talk about promoting the DC earlier in the season, but that talk has died down as the defense has gotten less consistent. No one is talking about the possibility that Frost leaves and takes the staff with him. 

No one at UCF thinks we'll get in, even if everything bounces the right way. If we finish the season undefeated, it would be difficult for them to rationalize keeping us out next year. That's our only (slim) hope. 

The only way to rationalize you guys could get on next year is if you had probably 2 quality P5 wins on the resume to be honest. Heck Boise state did that and didn't ever get in