** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If you would actually listen to the interview, they are basically saying "it was 20 years ago, things are way different now".  I don't think it's an issue to Foreman or Benning anymore, but can't you see it might be an issue to "some former players".  To say Scott isn't blameless in the situation is also not true.  He started dating McEwen shortly after she broke up with LP.  If you don't think that is going to piss off LP and and LP's friends on the team.  I am sure Frost and his teammates would say they wish they handled things differently, but 20 year old kids aren't going to handle things great all the time.

Also, the LP issue came to light again within the past year or so, when he died in prison and the documentary done by Showtime.  I am sure we all want to forget about it, even certain players, but that's not entirely possible. 

I listened to it. There was some definite crybabying goin on.

• Plus1 3

34 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

This is absolutely true, but not the reason Scott was disliked by many of his teammates.  Scott was known for flirting with his teammates' girlfriends.  He was resented for it and dating McEwen only added to the issue.  

At Oregon, Chip Kelly paid a street agent $25K to secure the signature of a recruit.   

Where  did you hear about Frost flirting with teammates' girlfriends?  

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

So, I wish Chip Kelly would announced an inked deal.  I think it would be very interesting to see how quickly other decisions might start to fall into place with some of the other candidates out there.  It would be cool to see many spots fill quickly with Scott Frost not being one of them...until he announces for Nebraska of course.  I just think once CK is committed, other things start to shake out pretty quickly.

Disclaimer:  I know no one and have no reason to think I might be right about this.

You have this backwards, I think. Chip Kelly would not have the luxury of waiting to decide between Florida and UCLA, if SF had not already rebuffed Florida. They are doing revisionist history to make it out like they wanted Chip Kelly first and "will expand" the search to include SF. They wanted Scott Frost first. The "expand the search" is just to put a little weak heat on Kelly's decision making process.

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, huskrmo said:

Made ESPN!

Frost warning: Huskers fans obsessing over idea of Scott Frost coming home http://es.pn/2iDUjbg
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

I hope to God that picture wasn't taken at a  UCF game.  With the cold weather clothes on, I'm at minimum assuming this wasn't in the UCF home stadium.

That's just plain embarrassing and disrespectful for everyone involved.