** 2023 Opponent Preview : Michigan (Game 5) **

On 9/21/2023 at 2:05 PM, nic said:

Some comments on this game from mgo I thought were funny.

https://mgoblog.com/content/opponent-watch-2023-week-3#read-more

"Despite this column’s insistence last week that Matt Rhule didn’t have any other options, the Jeff Sims Voyage Of The Damned has been placed on hold for the moment, as he has been replaced by ⁠— and I say this with the appropriate level of respect ⁠— the most Nebraska-a$$ quarterback since Eric Crouch. Heinrich Haarberg is 6’5”, just-thicker-than-a-beanpole skinny, runs very fast in a straight line, and can generally throw a football accurately in a right direction. Most importantly, he had 45 pass attempts and carries combined, and he only turned the ball over once (and even that wasn’t really his fault; he got strip-sacked by a free rusher)."

"Michigan should worry about: I… I think I like Nebraska’s front seven? They might be legitimately good? Nebraska has 14 sacks on the season, and even excluding sacks they’re only allowing 3.7 yards per carry on the ground. Their fronts are tricky, their pressures are creative, and they have a 330 pound defensive tackle wearing #0. What’s not to like?"

"When they play Michigan: Turner Corcoran might be the worst pass blocker starting for any Power 5 team. If Nebraska gets into passing downs, Corcoran versus Derrick Moore might get someone killed."

Even the opponents think Corcoran is not the best lineman. He does stand out a bit. 

26 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I guess the team will have to figure out some way they were “being disrespected” this week in order to compete in the game :D.  

This seems to be the way so many programs are “getting up for games”.    It’s a joke how much that disrespected card is being played this year.  

To be fair, the 2023 occurrences are skewed because CU has been playing that card about 4x per week.

• TBH 2
35 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

To be fair, the 2023 occurrences are skewed because CU has been playing that card about 4x per week.

Agree about CU…but Day bring aggrieved by Lou Holtz and saying it’s always been Ohio vs the World:blink:, as he recruits outside the state of Ohio!  

WSU coach by Corso, an 84 yr old media personality because Corso was right that not many would watch the Oregon State WSU game?!

geesh. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Agree about CU…but Day bring aggrieved by Lou Holtz and saying it’s always been Ohio vs the World:blink:, as he recruits outside the state of Ohio!  

WSU coach by Corso, an 84 yr old media personality because Corso was right that not many would watch the Oregon State WSU game?!

geesh. 

Yes, Prime has kicked the hornets nest of contrived grievances across the sport. Day’s outburst after the ND game was one of the most ridiculous things I’ve seen in sports. I was not aware of the wazzou coach taking issue with Corso saying the obvious. Although I had WSU at +3 so I did watch much of that game.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Decked said:

I legit think we won’t even score a TD this game. Michigan 38, Nebraska 0-3. I’m thinking maybe 200 total yards and 2-3 turnovers. 

I'm thinking that if a Husker fan isn't going to the game, they should just record it and skip the weekend.  Maybe check it out the highlights the following Tuesday.  For mental health.  

Enjoy your weekend doing something else besides getting angry when the game gets lopsided.  I mean, a Michigan a$$ whoopin is not going to suddenly fall out of the sky.  We all knew it when the schedule came out.  The result will not be pretty.  

I'm leaning Michigan 45, Huskers 10.  

And if you do go to the game, yall better not leave in the 3rd quarter!!!  or that will be pretty s#!tty of you.  It would be better to give your tickets away for free to people who will sit through all of it.  And retain the "Best fans" motto claim.  :)

Just bite your lip this weekend, and let's move on to Illinois.  

Sorry, but not playing the usual classic response that goes...

"IF the Huskers... xyz...." 

or

"I HOPE we...... xyz...."  

No s#!t sherlock.  All that I am saying is to listen to the game a little bit, or maybe watch it for a little bit.... Just don't go all crazy if the Huskers offense lays a duce, turns the ball over, the defense gets worn down, and the game gets ugly

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, admo said:

I'm thinking that if a Husker fan isn't going to the game, they should just record it and skip the weekend.  Maybe check it out the highlights the following Tuesday.  For mental health.  

Enjoy your weekend doing something else besides getting angry when the game gets lopsided.  I mean, a Michigan a$$ whoopin is not going to suddenly fall out of the sky.  We all knew it when the schedule came out.  The result will not be pretty.  

I'm leaning Michigan 45, Huskers 10.  

And if you do go to the game, yall better not leave in the 3rd quarter!!!  or that will be pretty s#!tty of you.  It would be better to give your tickets away for free to people who will sit through all of it.  And retain the "Best fans" motto claim.  :)

Just bite your lip this weekend, and let's move on to Illinois.  

Sorry, but not playing the usual classic response that goes...

"IF the Huskers... xyz...." 

or

"I HOPE we...... xyz...."  

No s#!t sherlock.  All that I am saying is to listen to the game a little bit, or maybe watch it for a little bit.... Just don't go all crazy if the Huskers offense lays a duce, turns the ball over, the defense gets worn down, and the game gets ugly

Michigan hasn't scored more than 35 points in a game this year, and we are the best defensive team they will have played to date. NIU is actually statistically better than any defense Michigan has played yet.

On the flip side, Michigan is the 3rd ranked defense nationally...

• Plus1 1