** 2023 Opponent Preview : Michigan State (Game 9) **

59 minutes ago, funhusker said:

If Haarberg throws over 200, this is going to be ugly.

But I'm also not going into the weekend think this is a gimmee for Nebraska.  If the Huskers lose this one, I don't think they go bowling.  And that sucks!

I don’t agree that this would guarantee we aren’t going bowling. There is still a chance our defense can lay an egg in any of the remaining games….and that doesn’t mean they won’t play well in the others.  

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t agree that this would guarantee we aren’t going bowling. There is still a chance our defense can lay an egg in any of the remaining games….and that doesn’t mean they won’t play well in the others.  

MSU is by far the "easiest" game left on the schedule.

I hope I continue to be wrong (I thought 4 wins would by the ceiling this year) but I don't think NU beats any of the last 3.

41 minutes ago, funhusker said:

MSU is by far the "easiest" game left on the schedule.

I hope I continue to be wrong (I thought 4 wins would by the ceiling this year) but I don't think NU beats any of the last 3.

I don’t understand this.

Maryland is not a good football team. Why people keep giving them credit for being one is completely beyond me. They have some offensive fire power on occasion, but that’s about it. We have an incredibly strong defense. We are playing Maryland at home.

Wisconsin is getting decimated by injuries and even before that they weren’t a dominant force by any stretch of the imagination. That said, this is definitely the toughest game left on the schedule and is a road game.

We beat Iowa last year with arguably a lesser team, against an iowa team that was probably about the same. Game is in Lincoln this year. 

3-1 down the stretch here is not just possible, it’s probable. 

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 3
48 minutes ago, Kayvan said:

I don’t understand this.

Maryland is not a good football team. Why people keep giving them credit for being one is completely beyond me. They have some offensive fire power on occasion, but that’s about it. We have an incredibly strong defense. We are playing Maryland at home.

Wisconsin is getting decimated by injuries and even before that they weren’t a dominant force by any stretch of the imagination. That said, this is definitely the toughest game left on the schedule and is a road game.

We beat Iowa last year with arguably a lesser team, against an iowa team that was probably about the same. Game is in Lincoln this year. 

Lovin' the hope.  Turning and squashing memories of that same logic getting trashed by (then) unexpected losses. 

Holdin' the hope.  Plus, tbh, I think you're right.

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, Kayvan said:

I don’t understand this.

First, anything is possible in these last 4.  Second, remember however that we are also decimated by injuries, and have overcome some huge mistakes in ball security recently to beat some not good teams.  We are 125th in turnover margin the country.  Wisconsin and Iowa are the two best defenses we will face all year outside of Michigan, I believe.  We had a team set up to defeat what Iowa does on defense last year, a deep threat passing game.  That is the exact opposite of what we have this year.  Iowa will have little trouble shutting us down on offense, and that game will be a huge struggle for both teams.  I am talking 3-2 type situation is very possible, unless we continue to turn the ball over at this rate, then they will win something like 12-6 from chip shots after we give them field position. 

We can go 3-1, but I think it is far from probable at this point.  My bet would be 2-2,  with MSU and Maryland being the wins, but Maryland may be able to throw on us more than some of you expect.  Iowa will come down to ball security, and I expect to lose on the road in Madison.  4-0 would have me skinny dipping in kool-aid flavored jello at this point. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2