How did the refs miss the offsides on the Gophers' scoring play ?

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

B1G refs aren't biased against Nebraska.  B1G refs are just bad against both teams, you just remember the calls that go against Nebraska.

A play or 2 before the Minny TD, there was a probably pass interference as well as a roughing the passer which was missed.

Being a football referee is a heck of a lot harder than most people think.  I miss a few calls every game that I just flat didn't see. The view on the TV is so much easier than being in the middle of the chaos.  I only referee lower level football so I can only imagine how much harder it is at the B1G level.  That said, for the amount of money involved in the sport, there should be better referees and more accountability. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3

54 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

That's the killer.  He doesn't drop that it game over. We gave them another shot. They didn't miss.

Yeah, our defense has been good enough in recent years to not be the weak link in most of the games, but doing just that won't win you the games in the same way say Iowa's defense does.  They make the big game changing plays multiple times a game.  That is the difference between a losing record and a bowl team.

• Fire 1

The game was officiated horribly, and both teams got a lot of bad breaks.  As one fan pointed out, Nebraska got away with obvious pass interference and roughing the passer on the same play near the end of the game.  There were a lot of missed calls and bad calls, and they went both ways.

It may not be much consolation, but the incompetent officiating evens out, it really does.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

B1G refs aren't biased against Nebraska.  B1G refs are just bad against both teams, you just remember the calls that go against Nebraska.

A play or 2 before the Minny TD, there was a probably pass interference as well as a roughing the passer which was missed.

Yup, we got one in the pi. Dude climbed him like a tree 

Some of you sound like Detroit Lions fans with your conspiracy theories. The B1G refs are just that bad.

Every B1G team has the same problems throughout the year. It's as simple as zero accountability for officials, and some s#!tty consistency. Ty ducks his head so he doesn't smash the QB's head with his whole body and he gets ejected, meanwhile Minny lunges up and hits Sims in the ear hole with the crown of their helmet and it's a no call plus INT. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, ZRod said:

Some of you sound like Detroit Lions fans with your conspiracy theories. The B1G refs are just that bad.

Every B1G team has the same problems throughout the year. It's as simple as zero accountability for officials, and some s#!tty consistency. Ty ducks his head so he doesn't smash the QB's head with his whole body and he gets ejected, meanwhile Minny lunges up and hits Sims in the ear hole with the crown of their helmet and it's a no call plus INT. 

I'm assuming you never watch the lions games otherwise you'd understand lol. 

15 hours ago, everybody knows my name said:

The game was officiated horribly, and both teams got a lot of bad breaks.  As one fan pointed out, Nebraska got away with obvious pass interference and roughing the passer on the same play near the end of the game.  There were a lot of missed calls and bad calls, and they went both ways.

It may not be much consolation, but the incompetent officiating evens out, it really does.

If you are referring to the deep throw on the td drive, the defender was making a play on the ball and the receiver came back into him. The no call was the right call.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
22 minutes ago, desertshox said:

If you are referring to the deep throw on the td drive, the defender was making a play on the ball and the receiver came back into him. The no call was the right call.

I agree. The defender was playing the ball and not the receiver, so it was a good no call.

My bigger beef with B1G refs is that Husker opponents rarely if ever get called for holding. That wasn't a deciding factor in this game since neither team got called for holding even though both were dragging defenders around.