Why Nebraska will never return to glory

unl7fan

16 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

To be honest I think adidas gear is more comfortable and higher quality in clothing, casual shoes and athletic shoes/equipment. I think people in Nebraska and the middle of the country have their s#!t together better than most of the wackos on the east and west coast. So I could care less if some tool in California laughs at my adidas shoes. 

Kids don’t choose their school based on Nike. Sorry but they don’t. I don’t know who created that dips#!t argument. Probably Nike. Oh under armour shoes are total dogs#!t. 

Kids choose their school based on playing time, current roster quality, current recruiting success and other committed players, current success on the field, facilities, how well the coaches sell their vision and who they are as a person. If there are 15 things kids care about Nike logo on the jersey is about the last item. Georgia and Alabama success has nothing to do with apparel. 

It's just easier for us to hide our wackos out in the country...

• TBH 2

2 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

That cheese was a terrorist attack by someone from the north. The fact that Rhule hasnt thought of simple illusions like that to trick the defense is good reason to fire him already and move on. 

It seems the heat has gotten to you…

The scheme isn’t all that bad if we wouldn’t keep on giving the ball away! 

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, mwj98 said:

I do believe we will return to the 9-10 win seasons. I also think Rhule can turn this thing around. The defense is playing their hearts out. Special Teams are a little better. Our punter kicking 20 plus yards in a high altitude stadium is puzzling. 

I honestly think we all head to Memorial stadium one night with candles and expel whatever curse is plaguing this team. 

As always, I will put my flag up the day before the game. Get enough alcohol to knock out Andre the Giant and root for the Huskers! 

image.gif.0d72d00ac510d620aeb898fe69022dea.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

On 9/12/2023 at 11:51 AM, unl7fan said:

I am a Husker fan and I am only here to say enough is enough. We had a rare opportunity to get a package that included a popular Coach, a great staff, and Heisman level QB and WR/DB combo. WE DIDN'T EVEN TRY FOR THIS. Not to mention we have already missed on a Generational legacy QB in Raiola. When we miss out on top level tackles in Baker and Brix, you might finally get what has happened. We are at the bottom of CFB with some of the nicest facilities and a great place to live (Lincoln, according to USNEWS rankings). I do not think Matt Rhule was a bad hire, but he brought a terrible OC and QB with him. It was not the hire we needed to turn the program around before we all have grey hairs or no hair at all from pulling it out. 

Lol Scott frost is that you?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I agree with a lot of this. Although I hope “never” is a stretch!

I’m definitely tired of “dual threat” QBs who threaten a breakout run a couple times a game, and threaten US with turnovers and poor passing the rest of the time. 

I feel like the program might suffer from a bit of small-town-syndrome, like favoritism, the legacy factor benefitting alumni hires, being afraid to hurt feelings, and focusing on the wrong things when it comes to hiring staff and recruiting. As an example, Mike Riley. When we hired him, I heard tons of people raving “he’s such a nice guy! Yeah, great guy, real genuine, etc…” 

Couldn’t be too surprised we weren’t winning if being “a nice guy” was a main draw to that coach lol

mentioning Deion… if i remember right, he TRULY scrapped the old team and built from scratch, I think only kept 1 starter. Wasn’t afraid of hurt feelers. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it doesn’t seem like an NE coach has had the nerve to really do that. Does anyone know if that really has been the case here or not? (Also I understand that Deion alone had a massive impact on recruiting power which is helpful.)

• Plus1 1